[Blueboard] FROM THE SESQUI BLOG_Didith Rodrigo on the five-minute grandparent

Michelle Camille Correa mcorrea at ateneo.edu
Mon Oct 19 10:07:42 PHT 2009

The five-minute grandparent
Posted by didith | Plausible Deniability | Monday 19 October 2009 8:27 am
My parents' friends often ask them why it is that they isn't constantly surrounded by their grandchildren.  How can you stand it, they ask, when they (the friends) travel across oceans to spend more time with grandsons and granddaughters.

My dad likes to say that his grandchildren are not his business.  He loves them, of course, but they aren't his concern.  His children are his business and his grandchildren are his children's responsibility.  His children are the ones who determine when he sees the grandchildren. He and my mom don't make too many demands.

While that's a nice, neat answer, I have a very different take on things.  My...READ MORE @ http://150.ateneo.edu/blog/?p=760

***

www.ateneo.edu
http://150.ateneo.edu/blog