[Blueboard] From the Sesqui Blog_Didith Rodrigo writes about "The Gap Year"

Michelle Camille Correa mcorrea at ateneo.edu
Fri Oct 16 10:37:37 PHT 2009

The Gap Year
Posted by didith | Plausible Deniability | Friday 16 October 2009 10:07 am
Yesterday, I had a long talk with one of my students who was performing very poorly in my class.  In no uncertain terms, I strongly encouraged him to shift out. The course wasn't working for him.  He was doing poorly in math and even worse in programming.  The course gets harder, I warned him.  If you can't keep up now, it's time to rethink your direction.

He told me that part of the reason he was in CS was because he didn't like English-reading literature and writing about it.  Oh dear.  Wait until he hits Philo and Theo.  And seriously: is the solution to avoiding English enrolling in CS?  Duh!  What sense does that make?

Partly because of our educational system and partly because of societal expectations, some of our students lack the maturity to choose a college course. They choose based on...READ MORE @ http://150.ateneo.edu/blog/?p=758

***SESQUI POLL***

What does school spirit mean for you?

  a.. Both. Of course! (87.0%, 99 Votes)
  b.. Cheering at the UAAP games. Super adrenaline rush! (7.0%, 8 Votes)
  c.. Volunteering at Task Force Ondoy. We are men and women for others, indeed! (6.0%, 7 Votes)Total Voters: 114
 VOTE NOW @ http://150.ateneo.edu/blog (LEFT PANEL)

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4512 (20091015) __________

http://www.eset.com