[Blueboard] MAGIS II: Healing the Earth, Healing Ourselves

mvilches at ateneo.edu mvilches at ateneo.edu
Fri Oct 2 16:26:39 PHT 2009

To live content with small means
to seek elegance rather than luxury
and refinement rather than fashion,
to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly,
to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart
to bear all cheerfully,
do all bravely,
await occasions,
hurry never?
in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious
grow up through the common
This is to be my symphony.
  						William E. Channing

As a way of contributing to the University-wide endeavor towards the
rebuilding and rehabilitation of the human spirit in the midst of the
recent upheaval in our community and nation, the School of Humanities
begins our return to class with a paraliturgy on the theme HEALING THE
EARTH, HEALING OURSELVES, prepared by the Theology Department.
Through this event, we hope to encourage students, faculty, and staff
to see the work of rebuilding in the light of faith.

                         Monday, 5th October 2009
                         5:00 to 6:30 PM
                         Natividad Galang Fajardo Conference Room
                         Ground Floor, Horacio de la Costa Hall
                         School of Humanities

You are most welcome to this evening of songs, poetry, readings from
biblical texts, reflections on recent experiences.  All this in view
of recognizing our need for mercy and compassion, showing our praise
and thanksgiving, and inclining ourselves to the call for service.

We continue to celebrate MAGIS in our responses to the crisis
situation that our society faces today.

All the best,
Marlu Vilches

MARIA LUZ C. VILCHES, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Dean, School of Humanities
Loyola Schools, Ateneo de Manila University
Loyola Heights 1108, Quezon City, Philippines
Telephone (632) 4266001, Ext. 5300, 5301
Telephone & Fax (632)4261042
http://www.ateneo.edu/soh

"Hope is the thing with feathers
  That perches in the soul,