[Blueboard] Memo to the AHS community about resumption of classes

Gia D. Dumo gdumo at ateneo.edu
Fri Oct 2 15:15:49 PHT 2009

Memo to the AHS community about resumption of classes

date posted: 2009-10-02 14:11:48

October 2, 2009

TO          :       THE ATENEO HIGH SCHOOL COMMUNITY

FROM    :      THE PRINCIPAL

RE          :       RESUMPTION OF CLASSES AT THE AHS

  _____

This is to inform the members of the Ateneo de Manila High School community
that regular classes at the AHS for students will resume the day following
the resumption of school as prescribed by the Department of Education
(DepEd). This is to give AHS teachers faculty, staff and administrators an
additional day to prepare for the return of the students to the Ateneo High
School.

As of this writing, the DepEd has stated that classes in the NCR will resume
on Monday, October 5, 2009. Should this be the case, Ateneo de Manila High
School students are expected to return to the AHS on Tuesday, October 6.
Faculty, staff and administrators, however, are expected on Monday, October
5.

DepEd's announcement about school resuming on October 5, however, may
change, since super typhoon Pepeng is expected to hit Luzon this Saturday,
October 3.

Whatever day next week classes resume, faculty and staff are expected to
report on that day while students will be expected to return the day
following the resumption of classes observing the schedule below:

7:45 - 7:50        Moderator's Inspection & Flag Ceremony
7:50 - 8:05        Students Proceed to the Covered Courts
8:05 - 9:05        EUCHARISTIC CELEBRATION
9:05 - 9:45        Recess 1
9:45 - 10:35      Homeroom Period
10:40 - 11:00    1st Period
11:05 - 11:25    2nd Period
11:30 - 11:50    3rd Period
11:55 - 12:15    4th Period
12:15 - 12:55    Recess 2
1:00 - 1:20         5th Period
1:25 - 1:45         6th Period
1:50 -2:00           7th Period
2:30 - 3:30         General Faculty Meeting

DISMISSAL
2:15                      1st, 2nd and 3rd Year Students
1:50                      4th Year Students

PLEASE NOTE:

        .    40 minutes: Recess 1 & Recess 2
        .    60 minutes: Eucharistic Celebration
        .    20-minute periods
        .    50 minutes - Homeroom Period
        .    60 minutes - General Faculty Meeting

Please be assured that the school has only the welfare of our students in
mind.  We shall try our best to assist in the provision of school uniforms
and other school-related materials as soon as we get a clearer sense of our
students' needs.

With my deepest concern and every prayer,

RAYMUND-BENEDICT Q. HIZON, S.J.