[Blueboard] Urgent call for approaching typhoon tonight

Patrick J. Medina pmedina at ateneo.edu
Fri Oct 2 08:47:47 PHT 2009

----- Forwarded message from dolaguer at observatory.ph -----
     Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 18:46:45 +0800
     From: "Deanna Marie P. Olaguer" <dolaguer at observatory.ph>
  Subject: Urgent call for approaching typhoon tonight
       To: research at observatory.ph, admi at observatory.ph

Please help spread this urgent call for "sariling sikap" for those in the
Philippines who will be affected by the approaching typhoon tonight,
especially
where the ground is still saturated with water from Typhoon Ondoy:

- We are reiterating the warning already given by local government
officials not
to go back to places devastated by Typhoon Ondoy, especially along or near
rivers and creeks.

-Be vigilant, especially those in low lying areas. Have one family member stay
awake to keep watch while the others sleep.

-Have ready water, food (preferably the "no cook" kind), and batteries for
light.

-Clear drainage areas of mud and trash as best as possible. All should do what
they can to reduce debris that will clog waterways.

-Those with internet access, please keep informed of the progress of the
typhoon(s) and possible scenarios. See links at http://www.observatory.ph

-And please continue to pray for the safety of our people!

Maraming salamat!

Didi Olaguer
Project Development Officer
Head of klima Climate Change Center
Manila Observatory
Ateneo de Manila University Campus
Loyola Heights, Katipunan Avenue
Quezon City, Philippines 1108
MAIL ADDRESS:
P.O. Box 122, U.P. Post Office
Quezon City, Philippines 1101
Telephone (632)426-5921 to 23 local 312
Fax No.   (632)426-6141
Mobile    (63918)903-4523
For large email attachments, please use:
           didi_oph at yahoo.com
           and notify dolaguer at observatory.ph
Website: http://www.observatory.ph
          http://www.klima.ph

You created men's minds to search out the secrets of nature and harness them:
  may the arts and sciences be directed to the glory and the happiness of all.
-- Lord, give us light, and peace, and salvation.

----- End forwarded message -----