[Blueboard] MEMO TO THE ATENEO GRADE SCHOOL COMMUNITY RE ONDOY

jsalvador at ateneo.edu jsalvador at ateneo.edu
Thu Oct 1 11:51:09 PHT 2009

October 1, 2009
Eve of the Feast of the Holy Guardian Angels

The tides of September have come down upon us in the form of typhoon
Ondoy, and it has left its indelible mark, not only on those who were
directly affected by the flooding caused by the typhoon, but for the
rest of us who know of them. It has spurred a wave of relief efforts
from different groups.

The Ateneo de Manila University has mobilized different committees to
accept donations and distribute them to affected areas. For its part,
the Ateneo de Manila Grade School has mobilized groups for the relief
effort in various areas of concern, but more specifically for the
members of the AGS partner communities as well as the AGS community:
faculty, students, staff, custodians, cafeteria and security personnel
and their respective families.

To the members of the AGS community, the following concerns are
immediate to facilitate our operations:

1. If you know of people from the AGS community whose homes have been
affected by the floods in whatever way, please inform the front desk
at the AGS (4266001-20 local 7299).

2. We are receiving donations of food (rice, noodles and canned
goods), drinking water, clothes and medicines and will take charge of
their distribution to the different areas concerned. Cash and check
donations are also welcome (for check donations, please address it to
Ateneo de Manila Grade School) and will be acknowledged with official
receipts. Please call us at the front desk for this.

3. Volunteers will be manning the front desk round-the-clock for
donations and information. However, other volunteers are also needed
for other areas, such as clean-up, packing and distribution of goods,
as well as visits to the different areas. If you are able and willing
to volunteer, please drop by the AGS lobby. Whatever help you can give
will be most welcome.

4. Announcements regarding the relief efforts, as well as school and
academic concerns will be regularly posted on the AGS bulletin boards
at the lobby, through the website at ags.ateneo.edu, and through text
messages. Please keep posted through these avenues for further
developments.

5. The following are the different committees organized for the Ateneo
de Manila Grade School and their respective committee chairs:
Area committee ? Ms. Remedios Rivera
Front desk committee ? Mrs. Ma. Regina Eugenio and Mrs. Felicidad Santos
Profile committee ? Mrs. Ma. Resurreccion Alejo and Ms. Ma. Encarnacion Tan
Clean-up committee ? Mrs. Ma. Victoria Dimalanta and Ms. Ma. Elizabeth Bermio
Cooked food committee ? Mrs. Josephine Martinez
Packed goods committee ? Mrs. Rowena Andrada
Communications committee ? Fr. Kit Bautista SJ and Mr. Jose Salvador
Transportation committee ? Mr. Rafael Mojas and Mr. Jon Nazario
Health Committee ? Dr. Teodoro Martin

We are all part of one community and we would like to ask, more than
anything, for prayers and other manifestations of concern for those of
us who have been affected by this force of nature. Let us ask Mary,
through the help of our Holy Guardian Angels to be with us all and
help us help each other during these difficult times, that we may
overcome the challenges and do what we can for His greater glory.

Angel of God, my guardian dear,
To whom God?s love commits me here
Ever this day, be at my side
To light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen
Holy Guardian Angels, pray for us.

Fr Norberto Bautista SJ
Headmaster