[Blueboard] From the Sesqui Blog_Didith Rodrigo on scholarships and forfeiting teenage angst

Michelle Camille Correa mcorrea at ateneo.edu
Tue Nov 24 10:22:57 PHT 2009

Forfeiting teenage angst
Posted by didith | Plausible Deniability | Tuesday 24 November 2009 7:53 am
A few years ago, the bottom fell out of the college pre-need plan industry, leaving many of our students and their families clueless as to where they would find tuition money.  I can remember three of our DISCS students approaching me for endorsements on their scholarship applications.  Two out of three were approved.

During the same sem, another student approached me for an endorsement. He was already on scholarship.  However, he had an INC and the funder would not release his next tranche without assurance from the department that he would complete his INC.  I asked him why he got the INC in the first place.  In so many words, he said that he was going through a period of teenage existentialist angst where nothing mattered, so he didn't study and he got the INC.

I was fuming!  I said...READ MORE @ http://150.ateneo.edu/blog/?p=807

***

Our 15-day countdown to our Sesquicentennial starts on Nov. 25! View the complete schedule of activities here: http://ateneo.edu/index.php?p=120&type=2&sec=40&aid=6599

***