[Blueboard] Letter of Thanks from SLB outgoing Executive Director

SLB slb at admu.edu.ph
Mon Nov 23 15:04:41 PHT 2009

Dear Benefactors, Friends, and Partners of SLB:

Pax Christi!

It has truly been a privilege and honor to work closely with many of you during my three years with Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan, first as its associate director under then Scholastic Xavier Alpasa, SJ and as its executive director for the past year and a half.

This semester Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan is again in transition as I finish my term as SLB executive director and am now in the final stage of complete turn-over to the new SLB executive director Schol. Joseph Raymund Patrick S. Sanchez, SJ.

Bro. Weyms, as Schol. Sanchez is more fondly known, is in his first year of theological studies. He entered the Society of Jesus on May 30, 2001. Before joining the Jesuits, Bro. Weyms was a faculty member and Assistant Principal for Academic Affairs at the Ateneo de Manila High School. He was later assigned for 2 years as Jesuit regent to the Ateneo de Davao High School where he served as head of its Campus Ministry. At the start of this school year, 2009-2010, he was assigned as associate director of SLB.

It is in this light that I wish to personally extend my deepest gratitude to all of you who have supported our office all these years and who have trusted in our work and continue to inspire us in our serving fellow Filipinos.

I humbly ask for your prayers and continued support for Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan and for her team under Bro. Weyms especially in this crucial period of our country's history as we prepare for the 2010 national elections and beyond.

Thank you very much and God bless you all!

For Faith and Flag,

Schol. Ismael Jose III V. Chan-Gonzaga, SJ