[Blueboard] Think Sesqui!, 21 November 2009

Michelle Camille Correa mcorrea at ateneo.edu
Sat Nov 21 11:21:40 PHT 2009

Think Sesqui!

Newsletter about the Ateneo Sesquicentennial celebration

News and Updates

Raul Sunico at the Church of the Gesù

A night of enchanting and poetic piano music awaits fans of internationally acclaimed Filipino pianist Raul M. Sunico (GS '61 and HS '65) as he comes home to the Ateneo with the gift of a free concert dubbed "Raul Sunico at the Church of the Gesù on December 1, 2009. Details at the Ateneo Website.

Get your limited edition Blue Eagles-Hershey's chocolate gift tin now!                                                         Give the sweetest gift this Christmas season through the limited edition Blue Eagles-Hershey's chocolate tin! Proceeds of these delicious chocolate gift tins will benefit the Ateneo Sesquicentennial Scholarship Fund. Available in Big (Php 550) and Small (Php 300) tins. View photo and other details here.

21 Days to Igkas!

Watch the first teaser video for IGKAS, the Ateneo de Manila High School's Sesquicentennial offering. IGKAS is a live, multimedia spectacle involving hundreds of students, teachers, and administrators from the AHS community. It happens on Friday, December 11, 2009, 6:00 pm at the AHS Covered Courts.

Mark your calendar: One Big Night and Grand Alumni Homecoming on Dec. 12!

Ateneo artists and performers will come together for a night of fun and music during the Sesquicentennial One Big Night and Grand Alumni Homecoming on December 12, 2009, Saturday, 6:00 p.m. at the High School Covered Courts. Mass at 4:00 p.m. at the Church of the Gesù jumpstarts the program. Be part of this once-in-a-lifetime night! Come home to the Ateneo! Come to our One Big Night!

Poll

Of the activities lined up for our 15-day Sesqui countdown, I am most excited about

·         Free concerts by Raul Sunico, Ateneo choirs and Bukas Palad

·         60th Anniversary of the Blue Eagle Gym

·         The Big Blue Run

·         Scholarship campaigns like the 500 at 150 Telethon

·         Inauguration of the new Rizal Library

·         I am true blue. I'm excited about all the events!

Cast your vote at http://150.ateneo.edu/blog (left panel)

>From the Sesqui Blog

"With the possible exception of our friends and loved ones, the people we meet judge us by external trappings. That's a given. We race to have the new iPhone or Nokia, or the latest, slimmest Mac. There are so many of these trappings that we have to choose which ones to embrace and why.  Ideally, we embrace the trappings that are in line with who we are, but we can also embrace them because they are important to people we value.  The point (as with all things) is to know and accept our motivations and to make our choices accordingly."

                -Didith Rodrigo on "External Trappings"

*Want to know more about the Sesqui? Visit http://150.ateneo.edu.

**For comments and suggestions, email 150 at ateneo.edu or commpr at admu.edu.ph

***