[Blueboard] Jesuit Forum on new Papal Letter - Corrected Title of Event

Dit Sablan esablan at admu.edu.ph
Mon Nov 16 07:46:45 PHT 2009

Please forward to your networks.

The Philippine Society of Jesus
in cooperation with

John J. Carroll Institute on Church and Social Issues

Loyola School of Theology

and

Jesuit Communications Foundation, Inc.

 invites you to

Caritas in Veritate: A Symposium on the Social Encyclical of Benedict XVI

on Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm

at the Leong Hall Auditorium, Ateneo de Manila University

Main Speaker:

Reverend Father Jose Cecilio Magadia, SJ,

Provincial Superior of the Society of Jesus

Panel of Reactors:

Cielito Habito, Ph. D.  (Academe)

Guillermo Luz (Business)

Ma. Antonia Loyzaga (Environment)

Bp. Luis Antonio Tagle, D.D. (Church)

Middle of this year, Pope Benedict XVI issued his third encyclical since coming to office in 2005. In Caritas in Veritate or, roughly, "truth in charity," the Pope, widely known for his scholarship and erudition, confronts the urgent social issues of our time, including the roots of this year's global economic meltdown. The current symposium aims to lead discussions on the important insights of the Pope especially as these relate to Philippine socio-economic realities.

Admission is free.

For early registration, please email esablan at admu.edu.ph.  For more information, please call Malou at 4266001 loc 4666 or Dit at 426-5971 loc 112

Dit G. Sablan
Jesuit Communications Foundation, Inc.
Sonolux Bldg., Ateneo de Manila University
Loyola Heights, Quezon City
Tel. Nos. (632) 426-5971 loc 112
               (632) 927-9659
Fax No.   (632) 426-5970
www.jescom.ph
editha.sablan at jescom.ph

Blessed Teresa of Calcutta said:  The greatest poverty of mankind is that of not knowing Christ. ....  As if we are here for nothing more than to pass through this world. We should open our eyes, open our eyes and see."