[Blueboard] From the Sesqui Blog_Didith Rodrigo on marketing the Ateneo internationally

Michelle Camille Correa mcorrea at ateneo.edu
Wed Nov 11 10:38:13 PHT 2009

"Alaska Men" and international programs
Posted by didith | Plausible Deniability | Monday 9 November 2009 6:14 pm
Years ago, before the advent of Internet dating sites, I came across a magazine called Alaska Men. This has nothing to do with milk nor basketball.  It's not porn either.  It is a magazine founded by professional matchmaker Susie Carter and features Alaskan men putting themselves out there in their search for girlfriends or wives.

I sometimes feel as if we in the Ateneo need our own version of Alaska Men and that part of my job is to play Susie Carter. In growing the partnerships that we have beyond student exchange, we have to look at faculty exchanges and research collaborations.  However, these types of relationships require a more careful matching of interests and personalities. To market the Ateneo at this level, we need a...READ MORE @ http://150.ateneo.edu/blog/?p=796

***

Our 15-day countdown to our Sesquicentennial starts on Nov. 25! View the complete schedule of activities here: http://ateneo.edu/index.php?p=120&type=2&sec=40&aid=6599

***

www.ateneo.edu