[Blueboard] From the Sesqui Blog_Wacky Narciso on the annual AHS Duffy-Delaney Day

Michelle Camille Correa mcorrea at ateneo.edu
Tue Nov 3 10:57:36 PHT 2009

We Salute You
Posted by thepaddlingduck | Four Years | Saturday 31 October 2009 12:09 am
One of my favorite celebrations in the Ateneo High School is our annual Duffy-Delaney Day. Also known as D3 for short, as the name is often a little too long to be saying too many times, it's a day in which we students and the school thank our administration, teachers, staff and maintenance for guiding us on our high school journey, and simply, always being there for us and helping us every step of the way. The day often marks the end of the first semester and the start of the mid-year break, but my fondest memories will always be about the festive day itself. The day is named after two Jesuits, and is usually celebrated with a Mass to be followed by short teacher-class sessions in the classrooms.

Last Wednesday, October 28, 2009, I participated in my last Duffy-Delaney Day as a high school student. Fitting for it to be my last, as it was the one I was most involved in, being part of the organizing committee for the Mass and short program. The Mass and program was being sponsored by the Office of Student Activities, of which the Sanggu-HS Student Council is under. I remember being assigned to...READ MORE @ http://150.ateneo.edu/blog/?p=777

***

www.ateneo.edu
http://150.ateneo.edu/blog
www.facebook.com/ateneodemanila