[Blueboard] Think Sesqui!, 22 May 2009

Michelle Camille Correa mcorrea at ateneo.edu
Fri May 22 15:54:59 PHT 2009

Think Sesqui!

Weekly e-newsletter about the Ateneo Sesquicentennial celebration

News and Updates

Register your vehicle to be part of the Sesqui motorcade

On the Sesquicentennial kickoff on June 14, join us in a motorcade tracing Ateneo history from Intramuros to Loyola Heights. Register now to be one of 150 vehicles in Ateneo's 150th anniversary kickoff!  Only the first 150 to register will be accommodated, so be sure to sign up early! To register, call 426-6001 local 4080 to 4093 or email 150-AT-ateneo-DOT-edu with the subject heading "Motorcade". There will be a briefing on June 6, 2009 to ensure an orderly procession.  Venue and time will be announced soon.

Note:  Those with no vehicles but who still wish to take part in the motorcade may also sign up. Transportation will be available on June 14. Details to follow.

Pick up your Sesqui commemorative items on June 14

Your much-awaited Sesquicentennial commemorative items are available for pick up at the Loyola Heights campus on June 14, 3:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. only: The Ateneo Watch by Swatch, "150: The Ateneo Way" coffee table book by Fr. Jose Arcilla, SJ, Immaculate Conception Replica by Sajid Imao, Commemorative Medal, and Commemorative Stamp!

Just follow these three simple steps to ensure a smooth and stress-free pick up:

1)       Order your commemorative items by emailing 150-AT-Ateneo-DOT-edu with the item of your choice as subject heading, or by calling 426-6001 local 4082 (Look for Ida). Please include your complete name, contact number and number of orders.

2)       Pay for your items at the Office of University Development and Alumni Relations (OUDAR), Alingal Hall (near the University Dorm), Ateneo Loyola Heights campus.  Look for Rita de Villa.

3)       Claim your items on June 14. Please present your receipt when claiming.

Note: Those who reserved through email but who cannot immediately come to the Loyola Heights campus may also pay for, and claim, their commemorative item(s) on June 14.

Those who cannot make it on June 14 can still make payments and claim their memorabilia at the OUDAR office with the ff schedule:  June 16 onwards, Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.

'Ateneo of Yesteryears' winner for this week!

Congratulations to Manuel Angelo R. Carreon II, Art teacher at the Ateneo High School, who emailed a scanned copy of the envelope with first day issue stamps commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Ateneo. "It is in relation to the recent Ateneo centennial stamp submitted by Anton Paolo and Juan Carlos Concepcion. I hope this picture will be a good reminder regarding our rich history and memories as we celebrate our Sesquicentennial this year," he said.

Please claim your prize at the Office of University Development and Alumni Relations, Alingal Hall (near the University Dorm), Ateneo Loyola Heights campus. Look for Mimi Agbay.

Poll

My favorite Sesqui blogger is:

v  Hilda Abola

v  Queena Lee-Chua

v  Wacky Narciso

v  Didith Rodrigo

v  Guest bloggers

v  I love all Sesqui bloggers!

Cast your vote at http://150.ateneo.edu/blog (left panel)

>From the Sesqui Blog

"Ang balon ang malalim.  Ngunit sa kanyang kailaliman, ay nakikita ang sinag ng araw."  I cannot forget those lines.  And up to now, those words boost me up, when I am down.  (No pun, intended.)  I meant to share that with the younger alumni and the remaining students who are still in Loyola Heights.in Grade School, High School or in the Colleges.

                -Gel Tamayo (AB 1973), on playing the role of Hukom in Paul Dumol's "Ang paglilitis ni Mang Serapio"

*Want to know more about the Sesqui? Visit http://150.ateneo.edu.

**For comments and suggestions, email 150-AT-ateneo-DOT-edu or commpr-AT-admu-DOT-edu-DOT-ph.