[Blueboard] From the Sesqui Blog_Didith Rodrigo on the mercy of aging

Michelle Camille Correa mcorrea at ateneo.edu
Thu May 21 09:23:36 PHT 2009

The mercy of aging
Posted by didith | Plausible Deniability | Wednesday 20 May 2009 6:56 am
Vina Relucio gave me a copy of the Senility Prayer.  It goes:

Lord, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
and the eyesight to tell the difference. Amen.

Without meaning to trivialize aging's many downsides, I find that getting older comes with benefits, too. One of these is that aging makes you aware of how much (or little) time you have left, and therefore forces you to be smarter and more deliberate about how you spend that time.

Permit me to illustrate: my father is...READ MORE @ http://150.ateneo.edu/blog/?p=418