[Blueboard] From the Sesqui Blog_Didith Rodrigo on Geekspeak

Michelle Camille Correa mcorrea at ateneo.edu
Mon Mar 30 09:38:01 PHT 2009

Geekspeak
Posted by didith | Plausible Deniability | Saturday 28 March 2009 2:58 pm
When my students or colleagues go on about terabyte network attached storage, multitouch interfaces, or quad-core CPUs, they're conversing in what I consider to be "basic geek".  If you've read a tech magazine (aka geek porn) or a computer architecture or operating systems textbook, you are probably basic geek-literate and can probably hold your own in a Linux vs Windows debate.

Recently, though, I've picked up a few words that, when used wisely, can raise your geek literacy level from basic to advanced.  Use these in everyday conversation if you want people to look at you funny...Read more at http://150.ateneo.edu/blog.

About the Sesqui Blog:

This is the first team blog about the Ateneo de Manila University's Sesquicentennial, or 150th anniversary. This is a blog by Ateneans for Ateneans who have been part of this great institution's rich and proud history. We may not all share the same memories across generations and historical eras, but we certainly share the same enduring spirituality, vision and passion, channeled through excellence in one's chosen field, and service to country, community and the other.

Welcome then to all our happy, sad, mundane, ethereal, trivial , profound, etc. chronicles.

http://150.ateneo.edu/blog/