[Blueboard] Catholic Mass Media Awards 2009

Rona Valenzuela mvalenzuela at ateneo.edu
Tue Mar 17 11:37:42 PHT 2009

Rev. Fr. BIENVENIDO F. NEBRES, S.J.
Katipunan Avenue Loyola Heights
Quezon City 1108

Dear Fr. Nebres:

We are pleased to inform you that the Catholic Mass Media Awards 2009 is officially under way.  The late Jaime L. Cardinal Sin had organized the awards project in 1978 in the spirit of International Social Communications Day, set by the Vatican to stress the importance of the mass media in human development.

Once again, the CMMA is preparing to seek out, identify, and honor those who serve God and country through the mass media in the most exemplary way. We are now accepting nominations for the 31st CMMA recognizing the men and women in mass media whose works promote our most cherished Christian values in the most outstanding way.

Last year's 30th CMMA yielded more than 500 entries, 45 of which stood out and received the awards. We hope that the different mass media sectors will be as enthusiastic in vying for the awards this year.

In this regard, we request you to encourage your students (specially those taking Mass Communication courses) to submit their most meritorious mass media works as entries for the Awards. This is a good starting point for them to strive to become instruments of social transformation by creating excellent values-laden media projects.

Nominations are accepted from March 15 until May 15, 2009, at the CMMA Secretariat Office from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. Entries should be media projects published or submitted to schools from June 2008 to March 2009.

Enclosed herewith are: (1) Contest Rules and Mechanical Requirements; (2) Official Nomination Entry Forms; and (3) CMMA 2009 Brochure.

For inquiries, please call us at telephone nos. 867-4026 or 892-4779. We shall be glad to be of service to you.

God bless you always!

Very truly yours in Christ,

Rev. Fr. RUFINO C. SESCON JR.
Trustee & Executive Director

2009 STUDENT CMMA

Who can join? All bona fide students enrolled in all participating schools, colleges and universities within the school year 2008-2009.

Contes Rules:
  1.. All entries must be those published or submitted to schools from June 2008 - March 2009.
  2.. All entries must be authenticated by the School Director and accompanied by a Certificate of Endorsement by the school Authorities.
  3.. All entries must conform to the Mechanical requirements.
MECHANICAL REQUIREMENTS:

A. For Short Film/TV Production
  1.. Each entry must be submitted in five (5) clear and properly labeled VCDs. Each disc must contain a single entry.
  2.. Length of film must be a minimum of 15 mins. and a maximum of 1 hour.
  3.. Can either be documentary or narrative.
  4.. Each entry must be submitted with a photo identifying the film/production at least 5 to 6 inches with 300 resolutions.
B. For Print Entries
  1.. Entries must be submitted in the form of actual printed material or final proof in five (5) copies.
C. For Advertising Entries (can either be Print, Radio or TV Ad)
  1.. Must be public service oriented.
  2.. Print entries must be mounted on illustration board (15" x 20" size) and in five (5) copies.
  3.. Radio and TV entries must be in clear VCDs and must be submitted with a photo identifying the ad at least 5 to 6 inches with 300 resolutions.
D. Entry fee: P500

All Entries must be in clear copies and supported with 5 copies of a one-page description of each entry and a one-pate Bio-data of all members of the team.

CRITERIA
  a.. Love for God
  b.. Love for Truth
  c.. Respect for Natural Environment
  d.. Promotion of Positive Filipino Values
  e.. Love for Family and Life
CATEGORIES
  a.. Best Short Film (Documentary/Narrative)
  b.. Best Student Organ (Grade School, High School & College)
  c.. Best Student Public Service Ad (Radio, Print, TV)
  d.. Best TV Production (Documentary or Narrative)
SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES:  March 15, 2009 until May 15, 2009

SCREENING PERIOD:  July 2009

AWARDS NIGHT:  October 14, 2009

For Inquiries, pls. write or call:

The CMMA Secretariat