[Blueboard] AGS AH1N1 Advisory # 6

jsalvador at ateneo.edu jsalvador at ateneo.edu
Fri Jun 26 15:45:22 PHT 2009

une 26, 2009

TO:           THE ATENEO DE MANILA GRADE SCHOOL COMMUNITY

RE:            QUARANTINE OF 4 SECTIONS IN THE AGS

FROM:     FR. NORBERTO  MARIA LUZA BAUTISTA, SJ, HEADMASTER
Our regular monitoring of the cases of the virus, identified   5 new
cases among our students : 3  from the Primary School and 2 from the
Middle School .

As per the current protocol, the classmates of these students will go
on quarantine from June 24 to June 30.  We wish to emphasize that the
students who are sick even after the quarantine period should remain
home until they are well.  The rest of the class may return to school
on Wednesday, July 1, 2009.

The classes that will go on quarantine are :

1- Mulawin
2- Makiling
4-  Kalinga
4- Maguindanao

Their absences will not be counted against them. Furthermore, when
they return from their quarantine, their lessons will proceed from
where they left off . Thus, the scope of their quarterly exams will
cover only the lessons that their classes have taken up.

Earlier, the AGS called off classes to respond to the cases identified
last week.  This suspension of classes also enabled the school to
undertake the following :

1.    To institute sanitation and decontamination measures in the
school and in
        all classrooms.
2.    To plan for a relevant response in all areas of academics, health and
         sanitation and proper communication .
3.    To coordinate with the DOH on advisories given the changing
nature of the
         virus.

In this regard, Dr Nilo Tayag, Usec of the DOH will be at the Ateneo
de Manila Grade School to speak to the community on the recent DOH
guidelines governing the protocol for schools. Below are the details
of this talk :

     WHO : Dr Nilo Tayag
     WHEN : Monday June 29, 2009  at 3:15 pm
     WHERE : Mariano Singson Hall

We invite our stakeholders to join us in this  meeting with  Dr Tayag
whose expert advise will undoubtedly contribute to the aim of  coming
up with a well -informed and well - crafted response . Let us continue
strengthening our partnership with one another in the service of our
children?s health and safety.  After all, the responsibility of
preventing virus transmission and of nourishing ourselves back to good
health is all ours.