[Blueboard] From the Sesqui Blog_Didith Rodrigo on techie athletes

Michelle Camille Correa mcorrea at ateneo.edu
Fri Jun 19 10:23:03 PHT 2009

Sound minds in sound bodies
Posted by didith | Plausible Deniability | Thursday 18 June 2009 12:47 pm

"A sound mind in a sound body" or (because everything sound so much more educated in Latin) mens sana in corpore sano.  I think our athletes are a tremendous source of pride for us because they live up to those words exactly.

Several years ago, it was DISCS's priviledge to have in our classes many of our male and female athletes, some of them from our championship teams.  Despite the fact that they were campus stars, they attended class and completed all the requirements, just like everyone else.  Their ability to balance both their sports and academic commitments always impressed us.

They impressed us even more after they graduated.  Stephanie Sy of our women's basketball team went on to become a...READ MORE @ http://150.ateneo.edu/blog/?p=519

***POLL***

Did you attend the Sesqui kickoff?

  a.. Yes! Loved it! (50.0%, 6 Votes)
  b.. No.... (50.0%, 6 Votes)Total Voters: 12
VOTE @ http://150.ateneo.edu/blog (left panel)