[Blueboard] Think Sesqui!, 11 June 2009

Michelle Camille Correa mcorrea at ateneo.edu
Thu Jun 11 14:19:28 PHT 2009

Think Sesqui!

Weekly e-newsletter about the Ateneo Sesquicentennial celebration

News and Updates

Sesquicentennial kickoff on webcast

Here's good news for those who are residing in the provinces abroad and those who may not be able to participate in our Sesquicentennial kickoff on June 14. You can now join the whole-day celebration via Webcast! Over 10 field reporters will give you an eagle's eye view of the day's festivities LIVE! Just click http://150.ateneo.edu to watch. Happy viewing!

View The Ateneo Watch by Swatch photo

The final design of The Ateneo Watch by Swatch is finally here! Ateneo student Jason Patrick R. Nallas (Major in Management Information Systems and Minor in Information Design, School of Humanities) who has been a true blue Atenean since Grade School, designed the watch.

Jason's artistic flare for design was uncovered when he was given an opportunity in his Information Design courses, specifically in his Psychology of Color class. Designing the Ateneo Swatch was a good avenue for him to express his creativity where he incorporated the essence and spirit of the Ateneo's Sesquicentennial anniversary. He tried to integrate in his design the different aspects of the Ateneo's logo and the renowned Blue Eagle. As a result, he ended up with this exceptional and remarkable design of the watch.  To see how The Ateneo Watch looks like, visit http://www.ateneo.edu/index.php?p=2726.

Oldest living Ateneo alumnus to grace Sesqui kickoff

Juan Carlos, 98 years old, is the oldest living alumnus of the Ateneo. He graduated from the High School in 1929.

Juan, or "Jonby", as he is fondly called by friends and family, will grace the Rockwell campus leg of the Sesquicentennial kickoff on June 14, 2009.

For those who want to join the Motorcade but have no transportation

We are providing free transportation to members of the Ateneo community who want to join the Motorcade but have no car. To join, email 150 at ateneo.edu with the subject heading "Joining the Motorcade". Assembly time on June 14, Sunday, is at 5:00 a.m. at Xavier Hall (Admin Building), Ateneo Loyola Heights campus. Hurry, only 30 seats left!

Picking up your Sesqui commemorative items (some reminders)

·         Pick up is on June 14, Sunday, at the Office of University Development and Alumni Relations (OUDAR), Alingal Hall (near Eliazo Hall), Ateneo Loyola Heights campus from 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

·         OUDAR is closed on June 15, Monday. NO PICK-UP OF ITEMS ON THIS DAY.

·         After June 14, schedule of pick up will be from Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Look for Ms. Rita De Villa

·         You can pay through cash and check. Please make checks payable to "Ateneo De Manila University"

·         For the Fr. Arcilla Coffee Table Book, please make out checks to "Mediawise Communications, Inc."

·         For items to be picked up by proxy: Bring authorization letter (stating proxy's complete name and contact details), proxy's Valid I.D. and copy of purchaser's I.D.

Ateneo of Yesteryears winner for this week!

Congratulations to Luis S. Santos, Jr. (BSM 1974) who sent photos of his late father Luis A. Santos' honor cards   when he was in Grade School at the Ateneo in 1929.

"He finished both elementary and high school at the Ateneo, but had to move to another school since his college course (Civil Engineering) was not offered at Ateneo. My mother said there were more of these honor cards, but they unfortunately got burned or destroyed during World War II. I had the remaining honor cards framed and then hung them in my bedroom," he said.

Weekly winners may claim their prize at the Office of University Development and Alumni Relations (OUDAR), Alingal Hall (near Eliazo Dorm), Ateneo Loyola Heights campus. Please look for Mimi Agbay.

Poll

How will you celebrate our Sesquicentennial kickoff?

v  I will attend the kickoff mass at the Manila Cathedral

v  I will join the Grand Motorcade from Intramuros to Loyola Heights

v  I will watch the fireworks display in Loyola Heights

v  I will pick up my Commemorative items in Ateneo -YEY!

Cast your vote at http://150.ateneo.edu/blog (left panel)

>From the Sesqui Blog

"ADMU is perhaps the only, or one of the very few universities that has a pretty much efficient online registration system. Yet, a part of me wished that my daughter had that experience of waking up very early, lining up, and sweating under the noonday sun, and standing for hours in line to pay. The experience in itself is preparation for college and life beyond its walls."

                -from Cathy Babao's "The circle of life" http://150.ateneo.edu/blog/?p=480

*Want to know more about the Sesqui? Visit http://150.ateneo.edu.

**For comments and suggestions, email 150-AT-ateneo-DOT-edu or commpr-AT-admu-DOT-edu-DOT-ph