[Blueboard] From the Sesqui Blog_Cathy Babao on the circle of life

Michelle Camille Correa mcorrea at ateneo.edu
Wed Jun 10 13:38:38 PHT 2009

The circle of life

(A blog entry by Cathy Babao)

Posted by admin | Admin | Tuesday 9 June 2009 11:47 am

Life is marked by endings and beginnings.

Yesterday, my only daughter officially joined the ranks of some 3000 plus Ateneo de Manila University Freshmen. Suddenly, I felt old. My mind traveled back to mine own Freshman year at ADMU in 1982. The Class of 1986 was a batch marked by two major events in Philippine history - when we were Sophomores, the assassination of Ninoy Aquino on August 21, 1983 and a month away from our college graduation, the EDSA Revolution in February 1986. The end of a life, the beginning of a nation's rude awakening. The end of a dictatorship, the beginning of freedom.

In the interim of 23 years, my own life was marked by many endings and beginnings as well. Now that I have fully entered into midlife, I think I can now safely look back without angst, bitterness or hatred at the events that transpired during my college years and the many years after. The Danish philosopher Soren Kierkegaard said...READ MORE @ http://150.ateneo.edu/blog/?p=480

***

POLL

How will you celebrate our Sesquicentennial kickoff?

v  I will attend the kickoff mass at the Manila Cathedral

v  I will join the Grand Motorcade from Intramuros to Loyola Heights

v  I will watch the fireworks display in Loyola Heights

v  I will pick up my Commemorative items in Ateneo -YEY!

Cast your vote at http://150.ateneo.edu/blog (left panel)