[Blueboard] Think Sesqui!, 5 June 2009

Michelle Camille Correa mcorrea at ateneo.edu
Fri Jun 5 14:16:08 PHT 2009

Think Sesqui!

Weekly e-newsletter about the Ateneo Sesquicentennial celebration

News and Updates

Ecclesiastical museum to rise at San Ignacio Church ruins

The Philippine government has earmarked Php 100 million for the construction of an ecclesiastical museum at the site of the old San Ignacio Church, the symbol of the first Jesuit mission on Philippine soil. The groundbreaking for the ecclesiastical museum will take place on June 14, 2009 during the kick off of the Ateneo de Manila's Sesquicentennial celebration.

Briefing for Motorcade participants on June 6

Those who signed up for the Motorcade are invited to attend the briefing scheduled on Saturday, June 6, 9:30 a.m. at the Social Development Complex (SDC) Conference Hall, (across the Rizal Library), Ateneo Loyola Heights campus. Enter through Gate 3 and take the first street on your left, Arrupe Road. The June 14 Motorcade route and other pertinent details will be discussed. Assigned numbers for cars as well decors will be given out.

Program of the Sesquicentennial kickoff at the Ateneo Website

View the detailed program of the Sesquicentennial kickoff at the Ateneo Website (http://ateneo.edu/index.php?p=120&type=2&sec=40&aid=6599).

'Ateneo of Yesteryears' winner for this week!

Congratulations to Carlo Dominic Albert (HS 1996 BSCS 2000) who emailed photos of his Ateneo memorabilia collection: Centennial stamps with first day cover; a 100-year old Ateneo Municipal Medal; an 1892 Ateneo Municipal merit card given to Hermogenes Reyes, a Supreme Court Associate Justice (Court of Appeals) under the Quezon Administration in the 1930s, Judge at the Court of First Instance in 1914, and Delegate to the Philippine Assembly in 1909; a 1914 report card addressed to Hermogenes Reyes for the grades of "Godofredo Reyes" in the Ateneo Municipal de Manila; and a 1920 report card addressed to Hermogenes Reyes in the Ateneo Municipal de Manila.

Carlo, who is now based in the U.S., requests batchmates to get in touch with him at dom_albert-AT-yahoo-DOT-com. His collection can be viewed at this site: http://dalbert.multiply.com/photos/album/3/Miscellaneous_Ateneo_Memorabilla.

Poll

How will you celebrate our Sesquicentennial kickoff?

v  I will attend the kickoff mass at the Manila Cathedral

v  I will join the Grand Motorcade from Intramuros to Loyola Heights

v  I will watch the fireworks display in Loyola Heights

v  I will pick up my Commemorative items in Ateneo -YEY!

Cast your vote at http://150.ateneo.edu/blog (left panel)

>From the Sesqui Blog

"I am fortunate that my own parents are, for the most part, still mentally and physically well.  I often ask myself, though, for how much longer? What I will do when they are less well and will need closer attention?  The answer was surprisingly obvious:  The axis of my life will change. The 'selfish years' of minding my own career and immediate family will have to end and I will need to prioritize the people whose lives made my own possible."

                                -from Didith Rodrigo's  "Tweeners" (http://150.ateneo.edu/blog/?p=448)

*Want to know more about the Sesqui? Visit http://150.ateneo.edu.

**For comments and suggestions, email 150-AT-ateneo-DOT-edu or commpr-AT-admu-DOT-edu-DOT-ph