[Blueboard] Ateneo Sesquicentennial Celebration June 14 Kick-off details

Romeo A. Dalandan, Jr. rdalandan at ateneo.edu
Thu Jun 4 13:24:32 PHT 2009

The Ateneo community is invited to participate in the Grand Ateneo
Sesquicentennial Celebration Kick-Off on Sunday, 14 June 2009.

In an effort to show the ANIMO, our school spirit and solidarity, we
would like to mobilize 150 vehicles from the community to participate in
the motorcade. We encourage you to form groups: families, alumni
batches, offices, parent groups, or barkadas, and register your vehicles
on or before Friday, June 5.

A briefing for all motorcade participants is scheduled at the Ateneo
Loyola Heights campus on Saturday, June 6, 9:30AM at the Social
Development Complex (SDC) Conference Hall, (across the Rizal Library).
Enter through Gate 3 and take the first street on your left, Arrupe
Road. The motorcade route and other pertinent details will be discussed.
Assigned numbers for cars as well as decors will be given out.

For those who will need a ride to Intramuros, kindly register with
OUDAR. There are  60 available seats on three Coaster buses that will
pick-up passengers from Xavier Hall at 5:00AM on Sunday, June 14.

For registration and other information please call Mimi Agbay at
426-6001 local 4083 or email magbay at ateneo.edu <mailto:magbay at ateneo.edu>.

The detailed schedule of activities is as follows.

Assembly
6:30AM The Manila Cathedral Plaza in Intramuros

Eucharistic Celebration
7:00-8:00AM The Manila Cathedral
    His Eminence Gaudencio B. Cardinal Rosales, D.D., Archbishop of
Manila, Main Celebrant

    Rev. Bienvenido F. Nebres, S.J., President, Ateneo de Manila
University, Concelebrant
    Very Rev. Jose C. J. Magadia, S.J., Philippine Province Superior,
Society of Jesus, Homilist

Procession
8:00-8:30AM
> From the Manila Cathedral to the San Ignacio Church ruins on Sta. Lucia
Street near the corner of Anda Street

Ceremony
8:30-8:50AM
Groundbreaking Rites for the reconstruction of the San Ignacio Church
walls and

a re-enactment of the December 10, 1859 turnover to the Jesuits of the
Escuela Municipal by the City of Manila

Breakfast by Invitation Only
9:00-9:30AM At the open plaza across the San Ignacio Church ruins

Motorcade

    9:30-10:00AM
    From the San Ignacio Church ruins in Intramuros to the former Ateneo
de Manila-Padre Faura Campus

    10:00AM
    Unveiling of marker

    10:30-11:30AM
    From the former Ateneo-Padre Faura Campus to the Ateneo Professional
Schools-Salcedo Campus

    11:30AM
    Turnover of artifact

    12:00-12:30PM
    From the Ateneo Salcedo Campus to the Ateneo Professional
Schools-Rockwell Campus

    12:30PM
    Turnover of artifact

    12:30-1:30PM

    Program

    2:00-2:30PM

    >From the Ateneo Rockwell Campus to the Ateneo School of Medicine
and Public Health in Pasig City

    3:00PM

    Unveiling of the Tribute Banners

    3:30-4:00PM

    >From the ASMPH to the Ateneo de Manila-Loyola Heights Campus

Program
      3:30-5:00PM    Church of the Gesù
      3:30-4:30PM    Mini-Concert organized by the Gesù Liturgical Committee
      4:30-5:00PM    Turnover of artifacts to the Grade School, High
School, and the Loyola Schools
      5:00-5:10 PM    Blessing of Ateneo Sesquicentennial commemorative
items

The program at the Blue Eagle Gym will be postponed to a later date. The
day's events will instead culminate in closing ceremonies at the Church
of the Gesù.

We hope to see you during the Kick-off on June 14.

Thank you.

Jun Dalandan
Director for Alumni Relations