[Blueboard] Invitation to the Launching of the Kaya Natin! Good Governance Comics

Harvey Keh harveykeh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 15:19:13 PHT 2009

 This June, Kaya Natin! will mark the 1st anniversary of the meeting between
Gov. Eddie Panlilio, Gov. Grace Padaca and Mayor Jesse Robredo at Club
Filipino in Greenhills, San Juan. This meeting initially convened by the
Ateneo School of Government eventually led to the formation of Kaya Natin! a
national movement for good governance and ethical leadership. Since then,
Kaya Natin! has added to its roster 9 more Effective, Ethical and Empowering
Government leaders who continue to serve as symbols of Hope for our country
today. Moreover, Kaya Natin! has visited more than 60 colleges and
universities all over the country as it continues to share its own stories
of making good governance possible despite the rampant graft and corruption
that pervades our government today. Aside from these, Kaya Natin! continues
to reach out to every Filipino through its partnership with Abante and the
Manila Times wherein weekly Kaya Natin! columns come out and its partnership
with Radyo Veritas 846 and DZBB 594 wherein Kaya Natin! champions are
featured regularly.

Yet, the leaders and core group members of Kaya Natin! believe that there is
still much to be done in advocating good governance and ethical leadership
in our country thus, through a partnership with the Ateneo School of
Government and the Asia Foundation, Kaya Natin! has developed a Comic Book
written in Tagalog that will highlight the leadership experiences of Gov.
Panlilio, Gov. Padaca and Mayor Robredo. This comic book was developed
through the leadership of one of the Kaya Natin! Core Group members, Liza
Cornejo who so generously shared her time, resources and talent towards its
formation. the comic book will be distributed to different depressed
communities and will also be serialized in Abante. Aside from this, an
amateur band composed of college students, Gracenote, has also volunteered
to create a Kaya Natin! song which aims to echo the values, principles and
ideals of the movement in the hope of inspiring more Filipinos to take an
active role towards electing better leaders for our country.

We couldn't have done all of these efforts and programs without You.

*Thus, as one of those who has been a constant supporter and believer of
Kaya Natin for the past year, we would like to invite you to join us as we
formally launch the Kaya Natin! Comics and the Kaya Natin! Song on June 13,
Saturday, 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Ateneo School of Government, Center
for Social Policy Bulding, Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights,
Quezon City. Before the formal launching, a Thanksgiving Mass will be
celebrated from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., we invite you as well to join us in
this thanksgiving celebration. *
**
*Please confirm your attendance to this event by contacting Kai Pastores at
(02) 426-5657 or by sending an email to
**kayanatin at yahoo.com*<kayanatin at yahoo.com>
* .*

If you wish to know more about Kaya Natin! please visit our website at
http://www.kayanatin.com .

Thank you very much for your time and we hope that you will be able to join
us this coming June 13!

*Kaya Natin,*

*Kaya Natin! Champions - Mayor Jesse Robredo, Gov. Eddie Panlilio, Gov.
Grace Padaca, Gov. Teddy Baguilat, Jr., Mayor Sonia Lorenzo, Mayor Fermin
Mabulo, Mayor Roque Verzosa, Jr., Mayor Marivic Belena, Mayor Florante
Gerdan, Vice-Mayor Valente Yap, former Mayor Baby Congco, former Mayor Mary
Jane Ortega*

*Kaya Natin! Core Group - Karla Pastores, Cristyl Senajon, Atty. Arnel
Casanova, Mae Paner, Atty. Amor Herrera, Atty. Mina Herrera, Monchito
Mossesgeld, Ruth Cariño, Quintin Pastrana, Harvey Keh, Atty. Eirene Aguila
(on-leave), Liza Cornejo (on-leave)*

--
http://twitter.com/harveykeh
http://filipinochangemaker.blogspot.com/