[Blueboard] Communal Lenten Service

Rona Valenzuela mvalenzuela at ateneo.edu
Thu Feb 12 08:40:34 PHT 2009

Ateneo de Manila University

OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT

MEMO TO   :    THE UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY

       FROM   :    THE PRESIDENT

  SUBJECT   :    COMMUNAL LENTEN SERVICE

As we enter into the holy season of Lent, I would like to invite the University community to participate in the Communal Lenten Service (CLS).

This communal activity invites us, in the spirit of Lent, to examine our relationship with GOD through our relations with our fellow workers, and to reflect Christ's love and humility in nurturing these relationships.

These community prayer and reflection sessions will be led by the Office for Mission and Identity and Organizational Development (OMIOD) and scheduled between 11 March and 03 April 2009. Jesuit scholastics and campus ministers will be invited to facilitate the sessions for designated workgroups in each unit.

I thank most sincerely Bro. Jeffery Pioquinto, S.J. for designing the services as well as the committee involved in effectively bringing it to the University community in time for the observance of the Holy Week.

May I request all units and offices to make the necessary arrangements so that the administrative officers, professionals, staff and interested faculty can participate in this program.

With prayers and warm wishes for a blessed Lenten Season.

                                                                                                    BIENVENIDO F. NEBRES, S.J.