[Blueboard] Pinoy Ctzen ICONcert

Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan slb at admu.edu.ph
Thu Feb 5 12:11:56 PHT 2009

Pinoy Ctzen ICONcert

WHAT IS THE QUESTION? The first crucial question to ask is where can we find our country in the exercise of one's citizenship. We can debate ad nauseam along this direction but we propose a more inward looking type of reflection through the following questions which we can pose to ourselves individually or as an organization. "Why do we find ourselves in these desperate and appalling conditions?" "What has been my role as a Filipino citizen?" "What am I doing that adds up to the difficulties of the nation?" "What can I do to improve?" "How can I change?" "Where can I start?"

HELP MAKE Citizenship by Good Example [CGE!] WORK. Be one of us! Let's celebrate our response! On February 21, 2009, the Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan (SLB) will have a concert entitled "Pinoy Ctzen ICONnect ICONcert" at the Ateneo de Manila High School Covered Courts. This is to jumpstart our communal effort towards building the nation. We will gather the youth from Metro Manila and nearby provinces for an entertaining and engaging campaign that will fire them up once again towards love of country as did Dr. Jose Rizal, Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo and Andres Bonifacio in their youth.

The CGE! Movement is thrilled to welcome an impressive array of talented artists to help us spread the CGE! message. Included are Itchy Worms Band, the Philippine Allstars, Noel Cabangon and other performers.

The Key Staff consists of international theater trainor and artist Terence Guillermo as Stage Director, UP Filipiñana Dance Troupe Artistic Director Van Manalo as Choreographer, multi-awarded videographer Joel Barquez as Multi-media Director, and award-winning composer Atty. Dulce Punzalan as Musical Director.

It promises to be a spectacular evening and we encourage everyone to tune in and join us. There is great need to drum up awareness on the importance of the campaign and why is this so, because more and more people especially the young members of our country are less involved in socio-political concerns. Recent youth surveys show that the youth are more inclined to be "non-joiners" when it comes to exercising their civic duties and responsibilities. Let this be a wake up call for all Filipinos. Through an effective and engaging media campaign in the form of indie-rock music and dance, we hope to communicate the CGE! mission to the country's "Fair hope of the Fatherland."

Tickets are sold at P200 (student price) and P400 (regular price with CGE! Album CD). For inquiries call SLB at (+632 426 5968) or please send SMS to (+63 908 2429733). Thank you.