[Blueboard] KOREAN 1: Introductory Korean Certificate Course

Ateneo Center for Asian Studies acas at admu.edu.ph
Wed Feb 4 13:12:32 PHT 2009

Thank you for posting.

__________________________

Registration for KOREAN LANGUAGE Certificate Course NOW OPEN!!!

Lean Korean Fast and Easy by enrolling in:

KOREAN 1: Introductory Korean Certificate Course

Course Description:
Korean 1 is an introductory Korean language course designed for students with
zero knowledge of Korean. This module delves on the essentials of the language
beginning with the introduction of the alphabet, phonetics and sentence
patterns. Specifically, it covers the following lessons: vowels and consonants;
rudimentary rules of pronunciation; Sino-Korean and pure Korean numerals; basic
grammar rules and sentence patterns; simple dialogues and conversations.

The whole program aims to assist students acquire basic competency in 4 aspects
of communication – speaking, listening, writing, and reading – through a
combination of various teaching approaches and learning activities.

Korean I Section A | Instructor: Ms. Sarah Jane O. Domingo
February 16 to March 30, 2009
Mondays (5:30-8:30 pm OR 6:00-9:00 pm) and Saturdays (1:30-4:30 pm)
*Class schedules may be arranged once the class is finalized.

Korean I Section B | Instructor: Ms. Eulalia Tome
March 14 to May 30, 2009
Saturdays (2:00-5:00 pm)

Registration fee for thirty hours of instruction (inclusive of instructional
materials):
*Php 4,500.00 per student
*Php 4,000.00 per student for a group of not less than ten people
*Php 3,000.00 for Ateneo faculty and staff
Payment options include Metrobank deposit or you may pay directly at our office
(see below).

For inquiries and other details:
Ateneo Center for Asian Studies c/o Christl
2F Ricardo & Dr. Rosita Leong Hall
Ateneo de Manila University
Tel: (632) 426-6001 loc. 5285/5286; (632) 926-4202
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 1:00-5:00 pm
Email: acas at admu.edu.ph

NOTE: The course will be cancelled if less than ten students enrol.  Full
refunds will be made in case of class cancellation.