[Blueboard] Rizal Library Pays Tribute to Cory Aquino

jmiroy at ateneo.edu jmiroy at ateneo.edu
Mon Aug 24 09:38:44 PHT 2009

please post

Library Exhibit

The Rizal Library Pays Tribute to
Corazon C. Aquino
   ?I am proud to be a Filipino.?

This Library Exhibit honors the memory of President Aquino through a
choice from the plethora of publications that her person and
presidency have generated, from the earliest books published locally
and internationally to her extensive coverage by Time and Asiaweek.
These rich materials, henceforth to be dutifully archived by the
Library, now serve as the main conduit of her legacy and memory, some
containing her own words and prayers, others well-known images that
will continue to imbue our dream of freedom and equality.  Impelled by
her husband?s dictum, ?The Filipino is worth dying for,? Cory?s life
tells the story that we truly can be proud to be Filipinos.

Venue: Salons of General Reading Area, Rizal Library, Ateneo de Manila
University

August 21-September 21, 2009

Organized by staff members of the Periodical and Filipiniana Sections.

----- End forwarded message -----