[Blueboard] From the Sesqui Blog_Didith Rodrigo on finding the right balance

Michelle Camille Correa mcorrea at ateneo.edu
Tue Aug 11 10:53:04 PHT 2009

Finding the right balance
Posted by didith | Plausible Deniability | Monday 10 August 2009 8:48 pm
When I accepted the job as Director of OIP, both Fr. Nebres and Dr. Angeles warned me that the first year would be tough.  Dr. Angeles had served as director for the past 11 years.  The office staff had been for about 7 years.  Not only did I have to familiarize myself with office protocol, I was a new face, a new name that needed to be introduced to over 100 partners.  Furthermore, I had teaching and research commitments that I had made before OIP even came on the horizon, and these were commitments that I could not break lightly.

Three months into the job, I can say that the warnings have come to pass.  I find myself busier than I would like.  I mentioned to some friends and in my personal blog that I find myself praying for time, the time to make good on my commitments.  Is time a silly thing to pray for?  Maybe it is.  Maybe, I said, what I need is discernment, the capability to prioritize and the will to let go.

My wiser and far more mature friends (don't you hate them?) said yes, discernment is the better choice. It isn't possible to have...READ MORE @ http://150.ateneo.edu/blog/?p=637

***

www.ateneo.edu
http://150.ateneo.edu/blog