[Blueboard] From the Sesqui Blog_On St. Ignatius, from an Atenean

Michelle Camille Correa mcorrea at ateneo.edu
Mon Aug 3 09:08:34 PHT 2009

On St. Ignatius, from an Atenean
Posted by thepaddlingduck | Four Years | Friday 31 July 2009 10:31 pm
This blog entry will get published on the eve of my UPCAT test, the first of the College Entrance Tests that I will be taking this school year as a high school senior. The anxiety and excitement are killing me. It will be my first time to take such a test, and there will always be the question of whether one is ready or not, a question I know has plagued many a senior.  However, today is also a very important day for a totally different reason. To many of my schoolmates, and many more Ateneo students, there is a very good reason why we didn't have school today, and not just because the entrance of test of one of the country's top universities is this weekend. Today is the feast day of St. Ignatius of Loyola.

The founder of the Society of Jesus was first introduced to me during my first few years at the Ateneo Grade School. My classmates and I would have to wait a few years before his full life's story would be introduced for us to study, but we began to learn bit by bit about him. First of course, was how many prayers in our classes were ended with a prayer to him-"St. Ignatius, pray for us"-before the sign of the cross. It was made clear to us how...READ MORE @ http://150.ateneo.edu/blog/?p=625

***

www.ateneo.edu
http://150.ateneo.edu/blog
www.facebook.com/ateneodemanila