[Blueboard] Job Opening-Systems Development Specialist
Amihan R. Perez
arperez at ateneo.edu
Thu Nov 13 16:06:32 PHT 2008
JOB OPENING ANNOUNCEMENT
Position: SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Ateneo School of Government
Scope of Work
The Systems Development Specialist will have the following functions
He/she oversees the planning and implementation of custom systems
development and application at ASoG; develops and oversees the
maintenance of architectures and applications that can be efficiently
upgraded and expanded to meet both the current and future needs of the
School with minimal re-engineering; and oversees the implementation of
ASoG?s web-based facilities (public sites, online digital library,
He/she will be directly accountable to the Dean of ASoG.
Specifically, he/she will:
? Conduct detailed requirements and systems analysis.
? Define and document detailed functional and systems specifications.
? Recommend solutions to meet user requirements.
? Provide inputs for feasibility assessment, impact analysis and
? Design program logic based on overall systems design.
? Code programs.
? Develop and document test plan and test cases.
? Perform and document results of unit, system, integration and user
? Investigate, analyze and resolve system problems.
? Coordinate with different IT personnel for end-to-end implementation
of user requirements, based on established functions and procedures.
? Perform project management, when required.
? Assist users and other IT personnel for immediate resolution of
system problems (e.g. data analysis, data fix, etc)
? Conduct ASoG IT trainings and assist in the development of training
? Assist in the preparation of users and operations manual.
? Perform other related tasks to be delegated by the Project
Director/Dean of ASoG.
He/she must have the following qualifications:
- A college graduate of any IT/Communications Technology Management course;
- Able to understand user objectives, processes, operations and requirements;
- Able to interview users and extract all related data about the requirement;
- Able to translate, articulate and expound user requirements to a
form that can be easily translated to system specification;
- Able to write functional specifications;
- Able to identify scope and impact of solution ? what processes,
programs, operations will be affected;
- Able to identify advantages and disadvantages of different solutions;
- Able to explain systems or technical matters in terms of business
language that users can understand;
- Able to match user requirements vis-à-vis existing system functionality;
- Able to maintain expert knowledge of systems being maintained by the
school, and provide recommendations and directions on other systems as
may be dictated by school requirements;
- Able to design and document program logic using standard tools such
as pseudocode, function chart, etc.;
- Able to document test plan, test cases and test results;
- Able to analyze cause, effect and solution to system problems;
- Able to perform coordination and project management tasks;
- Knowledgeable in one of the following: Objective C, Java, Perl,
Python, Ruby on Rails, or PHP;
- Able to design, create, and maintain databases in Access, MySQL or
- Must be knowledgeable in maintaining a cross-platform IT system,
composed primarily of servers, workstations and mobile computers
operating in the Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh platforms;
- Must be able to design, deploy and maintain a local area network
based on typical LAN technologies.
- Competence in basic information management is a plus;
- Can easily interact, network and coordinate with people;
- A work experience with similar job description is a plus.
Requirements for Application:
For interested applicants, please submit the following:
- An application letter addressed to: Atty. James L. Kho, Director,
Center for Social Policy
- Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of transcript of records from respective college/university
You may e-mail them to jameskho.ph at gmail.com, cc: Ms. Mary Jean Caleda
(mcaleda at yahoo.com) and Ms. Mary Grace Santos
(mgpalaciosantos at yahoo.com)
Applications will be accepted until December 15, 2008.
Amihan R. Perez
Center for Social Policy of the
Ateneo School of Government
G/F CSP Building, Social Development Complex
Ateneo de Manila University
Loyola Heights, Quezon City
Tels. (632) 426-6061/62
More information about the Blueboard