[Blueboard] Web news update (7 November)

Gia D. Dumo gdumo at ateneo.edu
Fri Nov 7 11:18:14 PHT 2008

Web news update (7 November)

For the latest bulletins, news and features on the Ateneo, visit the
official university Web site:  <http://www.ateneo.edu/>
http://www.ateneo.edu. This week's home page stories:

Bulletin

*	Visit the Ateneo Sesquicentennial Blogsite:
http://150.ateneo.edu/blog/

News

*	New Rizal Library: The rise of another iconic structure

Countdown to Sesqui

*	7th Jaime V. Ongpin Annual Memorial Lecture, Nov. 11
*	Tatlong Kuwento ni Lola Basyang Exhibit: From Picture Books to
Ballets, Nov. 24-29
*	Alumni invited to wreath-laying ceremony at Rizal Monument, Nov. 29

o    Support the 8th Lights for Hope Christmas Outreach

Features

o    We have our own 'Little Obamas' (PHILSTAR.com
<http://philstar.com/index.php?Opinion&p=49&type=2&sec=25&aid=20081106137> )

o    Beneficiary school of AHS student-tutors rises from #74 to #37 in NAT
ranking

o    AGS Rizal Book Club members get hooked on books

o    AGS plastic modellers showcase their work at Ali Mall

Announcements

o    Ateneo Alumni Association Career Expo 2008: "The Best for the Best"

*	JVP Recruitment Talk, Nov. 14
*	Stories from Another Time book launch, Nov. 17

o    Alum's book Mga Gerilya sa Powell Street comes to life at CCP

*	Filipino Family Surviving the World book launch, Nov. 8

What's new inside?

o    Situation Report 03 November 2008 (University Physical Plant)

o    2nd "Invite a La Sallite" Badminton Tournament (Alumni Events)

o    ACIL holds homecoming for alumni (Alumni Events)

o    Stories from Petron's life-changing "Tutok Aral" Program (High School)

o    Mean and lean and green KAB Weaning Night (Grade School)

Research Bulletin

o    Call for proposals: LS Scholarly Work Faculty Grants and University
Research Council Grants

Visit http://ls.ateneo.edu for Loyola Schools news and http://150.ateneo.edu
for Ateneo Sesquicentennial updates. We welcome news, features, and
announcements from the Ateneo community. Please send your materials to
commpr at admu.edu.ph. Thank you!