[Blueboard] Ateneo Alumni Association Career Expo 2008: “The Best for the Best”

Carol Ramos carolramos0518 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 5 10:53:45 PHT 2008

Ateneo Alumni Association Career Expo 2008: “The Best for the Best”
In the midst of a troubled economy, one of the best ways to keep moving forward is to bring in the best workers available.  The demand for exceptional, skilled and passionate workers will be at an all time high, and the challenge to find these people will be difficult, at best.

The Ateneo Alumni Association (AAA) seeks to meet this challenge. Together with placement giant JobsDB.com, the AAA will tap its deep and diverse alumni network in "The Best for The Best": The AAA Career Expo 2008.  A first for the AAA, it will be held at the Ateneo Grade School Covered Courts, Loyola Heights, Quezon City, on November 22-23, 2008.

Open to Ateneo alumni, students, families and friends, the career expo will be more than just any job fair. "We want to complement the job fairs done every year by the university's placement office," remarked Luis General, AAA's Treasurer and Project Chairman of the Career Expo. "Traditionally, the university's job fair aims to assist the Ateneo's graduating students as well as its recent graduates in finding jobs after leaving school.  The openings offered therefore are usually entry-level jobs.  We at the AAA realize, however, that finding a job – either a new one, a better one or even a different one – is not a task limited to recent graduates.  Our alumni at all stages in their lives face this challenge.  With "The Best for The Best", we hope to help our older, more experienced alumni find that new or better or different job."

General added, "Some of our alumni also expressed a desire to move on from being employed to being self-employed.  A career shift, if you will.  Perhaps tired or bored with corporate life, they may be ready and willing to try entrepreneurship.  With that in mind, we will also have companies who can offer this kind of opportunity to our alumni.  Some will be well-known franchisers while others may not be as well-known but will nevertheless be just as promising."

The AAA Career Expo links up with some of the most notable groups in the country, such as PLDT Group of Companies, the Ayala group of companies, Universal Robina Corporation, Filway Marketing, ABS-CBN, Petron Corporation, Unilever, RCBC,  Philippine Seven Corporation, Development Bank of the Philippines and many more invited.  Career opportunities range from Junior Associate to Vice President or Senior Executive levels.

In preparing for this undertaking, the AAA has the support of JobsDB.com, incorporating new technology to get things done better. ""The Best for the Best" will be almost totally 'paperless,'" explained General. "Jobseekers will not need to bring printed copies of their resume. After registering, they will each be given a Career Card, which will have their resume encoded in a barcode.  Then they only need to have their cards scanned by card readers that each participating company will have at their booths. This will automatically transmit their data to those companies, without having to use any printed material."

"What has always set the Ateneo and the AAA apart is its people, its network of alumni," explained 2008 AAA President Mr. Jesus de la Fuente. "By reaching out through this network, we can really be the agent that brings together the very best, for the very best."

Interested to be part of “The Best for The Best”? Check http://www.AteneoAlumniAssociation.org for the online registration or call the AAA office at 426-6001 loc 4687-89.

Carol L. Ramos
Executive Director
Ateneo Alumni Association