[Blueboard] from the Ateneo AIKIDO Club

ada j javellana loredo aloredo at ateneo.edu
Thu Mar 27 18:25:40 PHT 2008

Dear Ateneo community,

The ATENEO AIKIDO CLUB wishes to announce its Summer schedule, which
starts next week.

      Tuesdays and Thursdays - 6:30 to 8:00 pm, with David Andrade Sensei
      Fridays                - 5:30 to 7:00     with Torqui Dojillo Sensei

      Blue Eagle Gym / 2nd fl / aikido area

Practice is open to BEGINNERS too.

No gender or age preferences. (Today our youngest member is 14, our
oldest 67.)

"mat fee" is P 50. per session. The amount is kept for club expenses
only--the instructors do not receive any compensation.

---

The ATENEO AIKIDO CLUB has been around since 1991, when it was
organized by a group of Cervini residents. It started as a Dorm org,
and later expanded to the general student body, and faculty.

Today, membership is open to anyone in the Ateneo community: students,
teachers, non-teaching personnel, alumni, parents, siblings, cousins,
friends, and Jesuits.

---

AIKIDO is a form of martial art, an effective form of self-defense,
which stresses harmony of mind and body.

There is promotion and ranking, but no competition. The goal is
mastery of oneself.

---

For further questions, see or call Ada J. Loredo, department of
English, ext.number 5311 and 5310. Direct line is 4266120.

Or simply go to the Blue Eagle Gym on the scheduled practices.

ada javellana loredo

"from craving is born grief, from craving is born fear. for one freed from
craving, there's no grief--so how fear?" -dhammapada