[Blueboard] FREE documentaries on The Battle for Manila and the Nanjing Massacre

lyjose at ateneo.edu lyjose at ateneo.edu
Tue Mar 11 09:17:22 PHT 2008

Thank you for posting.
----------------------------------
We have been asked if this is free. We are repeating the invitation,
and answering the question: It is free. We only ask, RSVP, so that we
can know how much light refreshments to serve. We shall also
appreciate it if you would come on time.
--------------------------------------

ACAS and the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS)
cordially invite you and your students to a symposium and film showing on

TRUTHS AND MEMORIES OF WORLD WAR II: THE NANJING MASSACRE AND THE BATTLE FOR
MANILA

March 18 and 19, 2008, Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights campus

PROGRAMME

March 18 at Escaler Hall

1:30 – 3:20 	NHK documentary, Battle for Manila: A Month to the Scorched
                  Earth
3:20 – 3:30	Coffee break
3:30 – 4:30	Lecture: Battle for Manila, a Japanese View
  		Satoshi Nakano, Ph.D., Hitotsubashi University
4:30 – 5:30	Comments and discussion to be led by Ricardo Trota
                   Jose,Ph.D., University of the Philippines,Diliman

March 19 at Faura Audio Visual Room

1:30 – 2:30	A film about the Nanjing Massacre
2:30 – 2:45	Coffee break
2:45 – 3:20	Comments by Attorney Hiroshi Oyawa
3:30 – 4:20	Lecture: Achievements and Lessons of the Nanjing Incident
                 International Symposium 2007
                 Tokuji Kasahara, professor, Tsuru University
4:30 – 5:20	Comments and discussion to be led by
                 Lydia N. Yu Jose, Ph.D., Ateneo de Manila University

Snacks will be served and we need to know how much to serve. For this, we
shall appreciate it if you could let us know if you are coming on one or both
days and how many of your students we should expect. Please call or fax Marian
at 426-4326. You may also email acas at admu.edu.ph. Thank you very much

LYDIA N. YU JOSE, Ph.D.
Director
ATENEO CENTER FOR ASIAN STUDIES (ACAS)

School of Social Sciences, Loyola Schools
3rd Floor, Social Sciences Building
Loyola Heights, Quezon City 1108
PHILIPPINES
Tel. :  (632) 426-6001 locals 5208, 5209, 5248
Fax  :  (632) 426-4326; 426-6001 local 5280
Email:  acas at admu.edu.ph