[Blueboard] 2009-2010 PHILIPPINE FULBRIGHT STUDENT PROGRAM
Cecilia Go Bartolome
cbartolome at ateneo.edu
Mon Mar 10 10:55:53 PHT 2008
>From the Office of the Academic Vice President
2009-2010 PHILIPPINE FULBRIGHT STUDENT PROGRAM
We are pleased to announce that competition has begun for the 2009-2010 Fulbright study grants in the United States.
The objective of a Fulbright grant is to enable qualified Filipinos to pursue their graduate studies in their fields of interest in the United States and to develop leaders who can contribute to promoting better understanding between the Philippines and the U.S.
Applications are accepted from faculty and staff of Philippine universities and professionals from the private and government sectors.
Grants under the Philippine Student Program are for a maximum of one academic year for non-degree and one to two years for master's and two years for doctoral degree studies. The grant provides for round-trip international travel, monthly maintenance allowance, tuition and fees, book/supply allowance, and health and accident insurance.
FIELDS OF STUDY
1. Study of the United States - The study of American culture, life, and society through such fields as government, education, arts and humanities, law, economics, literature, history, the multidisciplinary field of American Studies or any other humanities or social science field with significant study of the U.S. subject matter.
2. Global Issues - Fields of study include environment, human rights, civic education, governance and public administration, peace studies/conflict transformation, international relations and transnational issues, international economics, international business, international law, and information and communication technology (ICT).
3. Open Grants - Fields of study not covered by the first two field categories with the exception of engineering, medicine, nursing, and other health-related disciplines, and applied sciences and mathematics.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
1. Philippine citizenship
2. English proficiency
3. College degree with major in field of specialization, excellent undergraduate record
4. While no medical certification is required at application time, applicants must be in good health to pursue graduate work in the U.S. Finalists will be required to pass a medical examination.
5. Applicants must have at least two years of professional work experience (after college) in their field of specialization.
6. Applicants for degree programs must be no older than 40 years of age at the time of application. This age requirement is waived for non-degree study.
7. Applicants must be prepared to return to the Philippines immediately upon completion of their study.
8. In addition to the eligibility requirements cited above, non-degree applicants must meet the following:
(a) Applicants for doctoral enrichment must be enrolled in a relevant doctoral study program in a Philippine university.
(b) Applicants for doctoral dissertation must be enrolled in a doctoral program and must show proof that materials required to pursue research are not available in the Philippines but are available in the United States.
-Individuals holding dual (Philippine-American) citizenship, are permanent residents, and/or are presently studying in the U.S. are not eligible.
-Fulbright alumni who have received awards under the Philippine Fulbright Student Program (i.e., those who pursued master's, PhD or non-degree study) are not eligible for another grant.
-Students already in the US are ineligible for a grant.
-Individuals who have resided in the US for 5 or more consecutive years in the past six years are ineligible for a grant.
1. Official or certified transcript of records from all colleges/universities attended
2. Certified true copy of diploma (NOT ORIGINAL)
3. Four letters of reference (forms are provided in the application kit)
4. Completed 6-page application form
5. NBI clearance acquired in the past six (6) months
NOTE: Standardized test scores (TOEFL, GRE) are not required at the time of application.
Documents submitted will be not returned to the applicants.
Application forms and further information on the award may be obtained from the PAEF office at the 10th Floor, Ayala Life-FGU Center, 6811 Ayala Avenue, Makati City. Tel. nos.: 812-0919, 812-0945. Fax no. 812-0822. The application form can be downloaded from the PAEF website: www.paef.org.ph
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Application forms and required documents must be submitted to the PAEF on or before March 28, 2008.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Blueboard