[Blueboard] for posting: Seeking Student Assistants
Annette A. Ferrer
aferrer at ateneo.edu
Wed Mar 5 16:00:38 PHT 2008
Seeking Student Assistants
The Ateneo de Manila University?s Migration and the Family Research
Group is a team exploring the dynamics of family and transnationalism
in the Philippines. Now in the data-analysis phase of its pilot
research, the Group is looking for student assistants to provide
The Group prefers junior and senior students who have strong social
sciences research backgrounds. The job may serve as good preparation
for further studies in the social sciences and/or a career in the
academe and in research.
- Assist the Group in searching for and managing related literature;
perform supplementary data-gathering tasks (such as interviewing
relevant resource persons).
- Organize research materials, manage databases, and perform
- Manage the Research Group?s and Team Leader?s calendar and
activities. Provide logistical support for meetings, seminars, and
- Compose effective business correspondence, reports, and other materials.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Competitive pay for 80 hours a month; transportation reimbursement
for work-related tasks.
- Ability to summarize information and communicate this understanding
- Must be organized, attentive to detail, and have a strong work ethic.
- Working knowledge of social sciences principles and techniques.
Knowledge of SPSS and MS Excel an advantage, but not a requirement.
- Ability to work independently or with minimal guidance.
- Must have an agreeable disposition.
- Must be willing to use public transportation if needed.
We hope to make an appointment not later than the first week of April 2008.
Email your resumes and a short sample of your written work to
Annette A. Ferrer <aferrer at ateneo.edu> or
Cecille Bartolome <cbartolome at ateneo.edu> and 426 6001 local 4031
Annette A. Ferrer
Migration and the Family Research Group
Office of the Academic Vice President
Ateneo de Manila University
More information about the Blueboard