[Blueboard] Pathways updates and message of thanks =)

Solvie T. Nubla snubla at ateneo.edu
Thu Jan 17 16:16:58 PHT 2008

Please post, thank you!

Dear Friends,

We are even happier to announce that out of the 16 Pathways students
who passed Ateneo, 5 were generously given full scholarships already
while 2 are awaiting scholarship results by Ateneo's Office of
Admission & Aid.

This brings the total number of Pathways students in the Ateneo to 26.

When we started five years ago, three students entered the Ateneo. Two
have graduated - Francis Alcausin (BS Math 2007) now works in Deutsche
Bank while Kim Cholo Torres (BS DS 2007) is a Research Assistant at
our very own VP for Loyola Schools' office. The third student, Archie
Dolit is graduating this March with a degree in BS ECE.

Since then, we have been able to bridge 23 others, including our very
first Payatas student here. Herbel Santiago is now a well-adjusted
sophomore student taking up English Literature.

All these students would not have been able to enjoy an Ateneo
education were it not for the support of our entire Ateneo community.

We are very grateful to:

- the Office of Admission & Aid, for their generosity, understanding and
the emotional support they give to all our scholars;

- All the faculty volunteers, administrators and staff who share their
time, talent and resources;

- The college students who passionately dedicate their time and talent
to mentoring our participants;

- And the rest of the community for the encouragement you send our way and
through the funds you raise through the Piso Para Kay Isko campaign
and our other activities!

In our experience, it has really taken an entire "village" to raise a
child. =)

 From all of us here at Pathways - thank you, thank you very much!

More updates to come in the coming weeks!

Sincerely,

Solvie

Solvie T. Nubla
Pathways To Higher Education