[Blueboard] 1st Future Leaders of Asia Forum on Social Entrepreneurship

Harvey Keh harveykeh at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 08:59:29 PHT 2008

The Ateneo de Manila University's School of Government and Loyola Schools
will be holding the 1st Future Leaders of Asia Forum with the theme: *"Social
Entrepreneurship: Developing a New Generation of Asian Leaders." *The forum
will be held from January 17-19,2008 at the Escaler Hall, Science Education
Complex, Ateneo de Manila University.
**
This event will gather college student leaders from all over the Philippines
and East Asia to talk about social entrepreneurship as a new means of
promoting development in our country and the Asian Region. Social
Entrepreneurship is one of the growing trends in our world today as
evidenced by the development of Centers for Social Entrepreneurship by
top-level universities such as Harvard University and Oxford University.
This event is also supported by Ashoka, the world's leading organization in
promoting social entrepreneurship, the Ramon Magsaysay Awards Foundation
(RMAF) and Avant Change.

One of the major highlights of this event, is a leadership dialogue between
inspiring present day Filipino leaders and the participants of the forum. We
are inviting members of the Ateneo de Manila community who would like to
take part in this leadership dialogue, we have invited the following
leaders:

a.) Senator Jovito Salonga - Ramon Magsaysay Awardee
b.) Sister Eva Maamo - Ramon Magsaysay Awardee
c.) Benjamin Abadiano - Ramon Magsaysysa Awardee
d.) Gilbert Remulla - Former Congressman, Spokesperson of Nacionalista
Party, Asia Society Fellow
e.) Neric Acosta - Former Congressman, Secretary-General of Liberal Party
f.) Pat Gallardo - Head of Ayala Land's Corporate Social Responsibilty
Program, Asia Society Fellow

The Leadership Dialogues will be held on January 17,2007 (Thursday) from
5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Escaler Hall, if you or your students would
like to participate, please email Aika Robredo at aika.robredo at gmail.com .
We can only accomodate up to 120 guests thus, sign-up for this will be done
on a first come, first serve basis.