[Blueboard] Support for he Sumilao Farmers

fsoriano at ateneo.edu fsoriano at ateneo.edu
Fri Feb 29 12:06:37 PHT 2008

On March 1, Saturday, 144 farmers would be arriving in Manila to
prepare for the "much-anticipated" march around Malacañang to call on
GMA to enforce its decision revoking the land conversion by isuuing a
cease and desist order on SMFI.

The march around Malacañang would be entitled MARTSA or March for
Agrarian Reform, Truth, Social Justice and Accountability. Everyday,
beginning March 3, the farmers would march from 7am until 6pm.
Afterwards, they would proceed to Caritas, which would serve as their
camp while the MARTSA is on ongoing.

In line with this, we would like to once again ask for your support
for our brothers from Sumilao, Bukidnon by donating any of the
following:

* 144 pieces of mats or banig

* 7 gas stoves and gas

* cooking utensils (i.e. 7 na malalaking kawali, 14 na kaldero, 7
sandok and 160 plates)

U can also sponsor either their lunch or dinner. A meal will cost Php
11, 200 (P70 x 160 pax). It would also be better if you can join them
during their meals in Caritas.

Please call our local numbers 5090 or 5091 if you wish to donate.

Thank you!