[Blueboard] Gender Sensitivity Seminar

Liane Peña Alampay lpalampay at ateneo.edu
Thu Feb 28 12:41:45 PHT 2008

We invite all faculty, administrators, and professionals to a Gender
Sensitivity Seminar on Friday, March 7, 4:30-6 pm at the Gonzaga
Function Room A (Blue Bag Cafe). This is a Blue Bag Seminar/TFI
Follow-up for March (Women's Month).

Why the need for a gender sensitivity seminar?

Gender issues are relevant in our work as teachers, researchers, and
professionals. Our perceptions and beliefs about gender are always
evident in our everyday interactions with students and colleagues, in
our dealings with research participants, or when writing a research
paper, for instance. Such a seminar is warranted by recent efforts to
develop a Code of Research Ethics in the Loyola Schools, and by the
most recent Ateneo College Student Survey (TACSS), which indicated
that a significant number of students have felt discriminated against
because of their gender.

The Gender Sensitivity Seminar is presented by the Gender Issues
graduate class of Dr. Mira Ofreneo of the Psychology Department, in
cooperation with the Faculty Formation Team. The goal of this seminar
is to raise participants' awareness of basic gender paradigms and
provide opportunities to reflect on the consequent attitudes and
behaviors when relating with others.

This workshop is the last to be offered as a TFI follow-up for the
school year. Everyone is invited.  Snacks will be served.

~Faculty Formation Team

--
Liane Peña Alampay, PhD
Asst Professor, Department of Psychology