[Blueboard] Request for assistance from Efren Debulgado

Romeo A. Dalandan, Jr. rdalandan at ateneo.edu
Mon Feb 18 15:35:40 PHT 2008

Dear Members of the Ateneo Commnity:

Please find below a letter of request for financial assistance from one
of our technical personnel, Efren Debulgado, which is self-explanatory.
Please feel free to communicate directly with Efren at:
edebulgado at ateneo.edu or via his local extension no. 4094 or his mobile
number:  0919/490-9016.

May we request for your continued prayers for Minda and the Debulgado
family.

Thank you and God bless.

Jun Dalandan
Office of University Development & Alumni Relations

----------

I am Efren A. Debulgado of the Office of University Development and
Alumni Rerlations.  I write to you to seek your kind assistance to help
my wife, Luzviminda "Minda" C. Debulgado, undergo medical treatment.

My wife, Minda, was diagnosed on January 28, 2008 with breast cancer,
stage 3.  Her doctors at The Medical City, Dr. Geraldine Remucal and Dr.
Eugenio Regala (AHS'86), said she needs to undergo 4 to 6 sessions of
chemotherapy before a breast operation. After the breast operation,
Minda may need to have further chemotherapy sessions, or radiation.

Having had to undergo several tests at The Medical City prior to her
first chemotherapy today, 15 February, my AsianLife Assurance Health
benefit is down to a Php25,000.00 balance for the year. I am afraid that
the allocation will soon be exhausted and I have no savings for the
necessary medication for my wife. Minda is unemployed and has no health
plan. I am humbly looking for financial assistance. We are also looking
forward to continuing with the full treatment hopefully at the PGH, so
any resources we will be able to loan and secure can stretch better.

According to Dr. Regala, chemotherapy is around Php40,000.00 per
session. I do not know what the doctors' professional fees will be.

I am appealing to your kindness to help save my wife, Minda. Please also
include Minda and me in your prayers. With the kind intercession of our
Almighty Father, Minda and I will hopefully be able to overcome this
medical difficulty in our life.

Respectfully,

Efren A. Debulgado
Office of University Development & Alumni Relations
Ateneo de Manila University

Noted:

Romeo A. Dalandan, Jr.
Director for Alumni Relations