[Blueboard] A Lenten Devotion

gesu at admu.edu.ph gesu at admu.edu.ph
Fri Feb 15 07:29:16 PHT 2008

       This season of Lent,
          there will be a Mass
          every Friday at 6:00 PM at the
          Sacred Heart Chapel, at the Church of the Gesù.

       On Feb. 15, Fr. Richie Genilo, SJ
          will be the presider.

      Everyone is invited.

-----------
A Lenten Prayer

How often have I lived through these weeks without paying much attention
to penance, fasting, and prayer? How often have I missed the spiritual
fruits of the season without even being aware of it? But how can I ever
really celebrate Easter without observing Lent? How can I rejoice fully
in your Resurrection when I have avoided participating in your death?

Yes, Lord, I have to die -- with you, through you, and in you -- and thus
become ready to recognize you when you appear to me in your Resurrection.
There is so much in me that needs to die:  false attachments,  greed and
anger, impatience and stinginess... I see clearly now how little I have
died with you, really gone your way and been faithful to it.  O Lord,
make this Lenten season different from the other ones.  Let me find you
again. Amen. (Henri Nouwen)

For inquiries, commments or suggestions, kindly contact:

                          GESU LITURGICAL COMMITTEE
                             Church of the Gesu
                        Ateneo de Manila University

		            Telephone Numbers:

      For reservations:  Marife at 426-6069 or 426-6001 loc.4071
	   To contact the Gesu Campus Ministers:
	  	   Edmark at 426-6001 loc. 4075
		   Jerome at 426-6001 loc. 7154

		            Fax Number:  426-6088