[Blueboard] SLB's KWENTONG BAYAN 2008 (National Situationer) Invitation

Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan slb at admu.edu.ph
Tue Feb 5 10:41:27 PHT 2008

Peace in Christ.

Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan (SLB), the socio-political ministry of the Society of Jesus, is a non-partisan Church-based organization aiming for a Filipino nation that celebrates love of country and genuine democracy in the spirit of faith that does justice with a preferential option for the poor. Through our projects and programs we seek to create ways to foster participation and vigilance among Filipino citizens in the socio-political and economic affairs of the state.

SLB conducts a bi-annual National Situationer dubbed as KWENTONG BAYAN. We regularly invite people who are adept with and can objectively give a reading of the economic, social, and political situation the country. With the title "EDSA PA NGA", this year's theme revolves around the State of Philippine Democracy as viewed from various vantage points. For KWENTONG BAYAN 2008, we have invited the following:

·         HON. FRANCISCO PANGILINAN to share his views, experiences, and assessment  as a legislator coming from the opposition with regard the state of our democracy

Senator, Republic of the Philippines

·         HON. RICARDO SALUDO to give an assessment and reading of the state of Philippine Democracy from the administration's stand point

Cabinet Secretary, Office of the President

·         SOLITA COLLAS-MONSOD  to give a reading of the Philippine economy and as well as  serve as a reactor to the previous speakers

Professor, UP School of Economics

Former President CORAZON C. AQUINO will also be sharing her thoughts on the spirit of the 1st EDSA People Power and how it remains to be relevant to the present national situation.