[Blueboard] Regenerating our Culture> Intersect September issue now out!

Intersect intersec at admu.edu.ph
Fri Sep 28 10:50:09 PHT 2007

Regenerating our Culture

Filipinos are known to be friendly, warm and honest. However, there are many
instances when the Filipinos’ positive characteristics are put to the test—
like when we are caught committing a traffic violation or during election
season when a great need to win an electoral post consumes many of our
countrymen.

Intersect, the quarterly magazine of the John J. Carroll Institute on Church
and Social Issues (JJCICSI) in its latest issue titled, “Regenerating
Culture,” explores Filipino culture and how it can be regenerated in different
areas in our society. The issue begins with an article written by Fr. Albert
Alejo, S.J., followed by articles written by Fr. John J. Carroll, S.J. and the
JJCICSI team of researchers. The issue tackles how the ugly tentacles of our
society’s deterioration as manifested by election frauds, environmental
degradation, colonial mentality, and impunity can be counquered by cultural
regeneration.

How can we help make our culture thrive?  Read the Intersect now and find out.
Copies are sold at P80 each and subscriptions are P300 a year. Call us at 426-
6001 to 30 local 4665 or e-mail us at intersec at admu.edu.ph or
intersect_icsi at yahoo.com. You can also drop by our office at the 2/F Mayo
Hall, Social Development Complex, Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights,
Quezon City. Look for Chayie or Didith. Magazines are also sold in Tanging
Yaman stores at Sonolux Building and Loyola House of Studies and at selected
National Bookstore outlets in Metro Manila. #