[Blueboard] Bagong Silangan Elem. School Choir Needs Your Help!

Joel Mark B. Barredo jbarredo at ateneo.edu
Tue Sep 25 15:51:20 PHT 2007

Dear Friends and Advocates of Educational Development,

Greetings of Peace in Christ!

The ACED family is humbly knocking on your kind hearts in behalf of the
Bagong Silangan Elementary School, Quezon City (BSES) Children's Choir to
share with them your blessings and gifts in support of their journey to
contest victory!

During the last few years, the BSES Children's Choir has accomplished a
number of important achievements in different musical competitions:

* Finalist in the National Competition for Young Artists (NAMCYA)- Quezon
City Division Level (SY 2006-2007)
* Champion- Rotary's Alay sa Kabataan Choir Contest (SY 2006-2007)
* Second Place- Rotary's Alay sa Kabatassn Choir Contest (SY 2007-2008)

Recently, The 40-member group has been qualified to join the NAMCYA's
Regional Center Competition to be held on October 13, 2007 at the UP
Theatre, Diliman, Quezon City.

For the last few months, the passionate and very talented songsters have
been tirelessly rehearsing their contest pieces mostly comprised of pop
and classical songs. Unfortunately, due to BSES' lack of resources,
the school is unable to provide costume for the choir. In most contests,
"Costume Design and Uniformity" comprises a big chunk of the total score.
Definitely, this can make or break the choir's overall performance.

Jayka P. Sale, BSES Children's Choir President, is asking for any kind of
help from her Ateneo de Manila friends and family:

"Dear Ateneo Friends,

We would like to solicit any kind of help for the expenses for our contest
costume/accessories. Your support will surely give inspiration and
motivate our voices to bring back glory to our school once again!

Thank you for being there for us and may God bless you always!

Very Truly Yours,

Jayka P. Sale"

For inquiries and donations, please contact Joel Barredo or Mai Francia at
4266001 loc 4028/4029 or 426-5693. We are more than delighted to pick-up
your donations from your offices!

Let's help them realize their simple dream! Thank you and God bless you!

In Christ,
ACED Family :)

Joel Mark B. Barredo
AdMU AB Political Science '06

Programs and Marketing Officer
Ateneo Center for Educational Development (ACED)

3/F Joseph Cardinal Hoffner Bldg., Social Development Complex
Ateneo de Manila University
Telefax:426-5693
Telephone No.: 426-6001 loc. 4028/4029