[Blueboard] Love,Sexuality and Spirituality: Can they go together?

Emmaus Center emmauscenterfi at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 10:16:32 PHT 2007

LOVE, SEXUALITY AND SPIRITUALITY: Can they go together?

  For many people in the church, one big issue pertains to guilt about relationships and sexuality: We may be: married or separated, asking questions about homosexuality, voluntarily or involuntarily single, struggling or thriving in a committed relationship, passionately celibate. Why is it that at some point we are made to feel like we are compromising our faith when we live what is in our hearts?

  In their book TENDER FIRES: The Spiritual Promise of Sexuality, Sr. Fran Ferder (fspa) and Fr. John Heagle shows that what God intends for us is not guilt but the fullness of life itself. On October 27, 2007 (Saturday at 8:30am - 4:30pm), Sr. Fran and Fr. John will hold a Day of Recollection entitled the HUMAN LOVING: Reclaiming the Spiritual Promise of Sexuality at the Bulwagang Claret, Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish, Mahinhin St., UP Village, Quezon City. This day of reflection addresses the personal and practical ways that sexuality and spirituality can become more integrated through our growth in friendship, mutuality, and authentic intimacy. includes the following topics: Sexuality as energy for relationships and communion; our life-long journey toward  healing and wholeness in loving; a spirituality of relationships; the gift and task of intimacy; communications: the pathway toward authentic intimacy; the spiritual promise of sexuality.
  Program Fee: 750.00/participant. Pre-paid registration due on October 1, 2007. Interested participants may contact Emmaus Center Tel: 928-6040 or (0916) 556-9173, look for Paz or Mary. Email: emmauscenterfi at yahoo.com. Link to TENDER FIRES Website: http://www.tenderfires.com, http://www.jesuits.ph/jescom, http://emmausphil.net