[Blueboard] Sexuality and Christian Ministry

Emmaus Center emmauscenterfi at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 10:01:33 PHT 2007

Sexuality and Our Ministry?
  Making Sense of sexuality in Christian Ministry

  As priests, reigious men and women, ministers, pastors, spiritual directors, formators, teachers and guides:
  How do we make sense of our own sexuality in the light of our calling to serve God's people? How do we receive and respond to the question regarding sexuality raised by so many in the Church? Are we experiencing struggle, doubt and guilt in the area of intimacy and relationships?

  In their book TENDER FIRES: The Spiritual Promise of Sexuality,Sr. Fran Ferder (fspa) and Fr. John Heagle shows that what God intends for us is nothing but the fullness of life itself.

  On October 23-26, Sr. Fran and Fr. John will hold a Conference/Workshop on Human Sexuality and Christian Ministry in the 21st century. This conference/workshop will explore our shared journey of psychosexual development and address issues related to: an incarnational approach to sexuality; the spirituality of relationships and signs of healthy friendship; the gift and task of human intimacy; the vows and our call to generative loving; sexuality and power; sexual abuse; relational violence and responsible ministerial boundaries; psychological and pastoral perspectives on sexual orientation; the vital importance of self-knwoledge and responsible self-care.

  October 23 -26, 2007 at Bulwagang Claret, Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish, Mahinhin St., UP Village, Quezon City. Program fee is P3,000 (exclusive of meals). Pre-paid registration until October 1, 2007. Please contact EMMAUS Center. Tel: 928-6040 or (0916)556-9173, look for Paz or Mary. Email: emmauscenterfi at yahoo.com, Link to TENDER FIRE WEBSITE: http://www.tenderfires.com, http://www.jesuits.ph/jescom, http://www.emmausphil.net