[Blueboard] Conference on Christian Ministry, Spirituality and Sexuality

Emmaus Center emmauscenterfi at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 10 14:51:45 PHT 2007

  The EMMAUS Center for Psycho-Spiritual Formation would like to invite everyone to two events in October on the topics of Christian Ministry, Spirituality, and Sexuality. These are conferences, workshops, and lectures for formators, women and men religious, priests, seminarians, and lay leaders of schools, parishes, and communities, and all those who care about Christian spiritual formation and ministry.

  We have invited two world-renowned speakers, Fr. John Heagle, MA, JCL, and Sr. Fran Ferder, FSPA, PhD, DMin for these events. They are authors of “Your Sexual Self”, “Tender Fires: The Spiritual Promise of Sexuality”, and “Partnership: Women and Men in Ministry”. They are co-directors and psychotherapists of Therapy & Renewal Associates (TARA), and adjunct faculty in the School of Theology and Ministry at Seattle University.

  The first event is a CONFERENCE & WORKSHOP ON  HUMAN SEXUALITY AND CHRISTIAN MINISTRY IN THE 21ST on October 23 – 26, 2007, at Bulwagang Claret, Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish, Mahinhin St., U.P. Village, Quezon City. This is a 3 ½ day conference-workshop. Sessions will begin at 8:30 AM till 5:00 PM on October 23 to 25; on the last day, October 26, session will be from 8:30 AM to 12 NN.

  This conference-workshop will explore our shared journey of psychosexual development and address issues related to: an incarnational approach to sexuality; the spirituality of relationships and signs of healthy friendship; the gift and task of human intimacy; the vows and our call to generative loving; sexuality and power, sexual abuse; relational violence and responsible ministerial boundaries; psychological and pastoral perspectives on sexual orientation; the vital importance of self-knowledge and responsible self-care. Program Fee is P3,000.00/participant (meals not included).

  The second event is A DAY OF RECOLLECTION with the theme of HUMAN LOVING: RECLAIMING THE SPIRITUAL PROMISE OF SEXUALITY. This will be on Saturday, October 27, from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM at Bulwagang Claret, Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish, Mahinhin St., U.P. Village, Quezon City.

  This day of reflection addresses the personal and practical ways that sexuality and spirituality can become more integrated through our growth in friendship, mutuality, and authentic intimacy. Includes the following topics: sexuality as energy for relationships and communion; our life-long journey toward healing and wholeness in loving; a spirituality of relationships; the gift and task of intimacy; communication: the pathway toward authentic intimacy; the spiritual promise of sexuality.
  Program Fee is P750.00/participant (meals not included).

Interested participants may contact EMMAUS Center at telephone no: 928-6040  (look for Paz or Mary), or CP: (0916) 556-9173, or email: emmauscenterfi at yahoo.com