[Blueboard] request for prayers

m baytion alunsina2005 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 16:52:25 PHT 2007

It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of JB de la Pena,
artist of the University Press, on Monday, September 3, 2007. His ashes will
be brought to the Church of the Risen Lord in UP Diliman this afternoon,
September 5.

JB worked freelance and was responsible for several of the Press's book
covers and designs. If you have ever read or held in your hands a University
Press book, received a bookmark invite, or visited our website these last
few years, chances are you have seen some of JB's work. The attention and
care that he gave to his craft contributed immensely, albeit in a quiet way,
to the Press's reputation as publisher of quality books. Although not an
Ateneo employee, and perhaps without his knowing it, JB exemplified through
his simple life and dedication to his work the Ignatian values of humility
in spirit and excellence in service.

Please say a prayer for JB's eternal rest and his family's strength.

Thank you.

Maricor Baytion

--
Ateneo de Manila University Press
Bellarmine Hall, AdMU Campus

"All art is a prayer for spiritual strength. . .We wouldn't need words. .
.Our creations and the beauty of our functions would be enough. Our giving
would be our perpetual gift."
                                                                    --Ben
Okri