Correction: [Blueboard] Ateneo teams take 4 out of the top 10 slots in the ICPC 2007!

Ma. Mercedes T. Rodrigo, Ph.D. mrodrigo at ateneo.edu
Mon Oct 22 08:10:40 PHT 2007

Correction, please:

Ivan John Clement is 1ME.
Jason Christian Gaguan is 1ChACS.

My apologies for my error.

Didith
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ma. Mercedes T. Rodrigo, Ph.D.
  To: blueboard at lists.ateneo.edu
  Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2007 7:51 AM
  Subject: [Blueboard] Ateneo teams take 4 out of the top 10 slots in the ICPC 2007!

  The Department of Information Systems and Computer Science is proud to announce that four Ateneo teams ranked among the top ten in the First Philippine National Inter-Collegiate Programming Competition (ICPC 2007) hosted by the Computing Society of the Philippines and held in De La Salle Canlubang on 20 October 2007.

  The top 10 rankings were as follows:

  1st Place - UP Diliman
  2nd Place - Ateneo: James Choa (1CS), Wilhansen Li (2CS), and John Patrick Manalo (3CS)
  3rd Place - UP Los Banos
  4th Place - Ateneo: Ivan John Clement (1ChACS), Clarisse Ligunas (1CS), Jason Christian Gaguan (1ME)
  5th Place - UP Diliman
  6th Place - DLSU
  7th Place - Ateneo: Danna Aduna (2CS), Thomas Dy (2CS), Jejomar Dimayuga (4MIS)
  8th Place - DLSU
  9th Place - UP Diliman
  10th Place - Richard Locsin (4CS), Liza Vila (4CS), Byron Wang (4CS)

  Although we did not garner the #1 spot, we had the most number of teams in the top 10 (out of 52 teams total).  Also note that our freshmen and sophomores in particular (most of them first-timers in this competition) performed stellarly.

  We thank and congratulate our coaches, Dr. Pablo Manalastas, Dr. John Paul Vergara, Mr. Ramon Francisco Mejia, Mr. Jal de Vera, and Mr. Eric Vidal, for their hard work and dedication.

  Our thanks to the DISCS secretaries and technical staff for their support.

  We thank Mr. Jun Dalandan and the Office of Alumni Relations for our team jackets.

  Last but not the least, thank you and congratulations to our team members.  We are very, very proud of you!